Enrollment in Masses? Anyone have a list?

Does anyone have access to a list of monasteries/religious communities/missions, etc., that maintains a perpetual mass association for people to enroll their loved one’s in?

Also, I’m the only Catholic in my family. When I die, I doubt very much if anyone will think to have any Mass offered for me other than my funeral Mass, for which I’m leaving instructions. Is it kosher or good form for me to enroll myself before I’m dead?

[quote=JKirkLVNV]Does anyone have access to a list of monasteries/religious communities/missions, etc., that maintains a perpetual mass association for people to enroll their loved one’s in?

Also, I’m the only Catholic in my family. When I die, I doubt very much if anyone will think to have any Mass offered for me other than my funeral Mass, for which I’m leaving instructions. Is it kosher or good form for me to enroll myself before I’m dead?
[/quote]

Geez! I’ll enroll you if you can’t do it!! PM me if you need someone else to sign you up.

[quote=JKirkLVNV]Does anyone have access to a list of monasteries/religious communities/missions, etc., that maintains a perpetual mass association for people to enroll their loved one’s in?

[/quote]

Try here…
ttp://www.bluearmy.com/ymas_pmas/about_masscards.html

[/quote]

JkirkLVNV… you can’t die… then who would defend the Mass of Paul VI?

Kirk, as long as you are planning for something inevitable, but down the road a piece hopefully…It’s OK to enroll yourself. It just seems so…so…so…BRAVE, with a hard face of “a man’s got to do what a man’s got to do”.

Try these places:

http://www.oblatesusa.org/

http://www.shrineofsaintjude.com/

And you might try Guardian Angel Cathedral…
communitylink.reviewjournal.com/servlet/lvrj_ProcServ/DBPAGE=page&GID=01256001051001378786024478&PG=01256001051001379106561822

They have a gift shop and stuff like that. Maybe they handle the perpetual Mass thing.

Um, just to clarify to everyone, I haven’t had any “bad news.” My godmother (a Carmelite) lost her mother on 12/23/05). I enrolled her mom in the Mass association at one of our parishes here that has one and it just got me to thinking about it, that’s all. I always like to know about worthy Catholic org. that offer this incomparible gift. I’m not making any immediate plans for “departure.” I am, however, touched by your remarks, esp. Netmilsmom’s kind offer to enroll me. Not dying yet, God willing. AND if I do go, I’ll take all the CA folks in my heart and in my prayers.

Oh, just so you know, I was joking :smiley: I am of the opinion that God’s not going to let you die, becuase he needs someone at Catholic Answers defending Paul VI’s mass. :wink:

[quote=RobNY]Oh, just so you know, I was joking :smiley: I am of the opinion that God’s not going to let you die, becuase he needs someone at Catholic Answers defending Paul VI’s mass. :wink:
[/quote]

Am I the only one? Now you’ve made me a little paranoid!

[quote=JKirkLVNV]Am I the only one? Now you’ve made me a little paranoid!
[/quote]

No, but you do the defending the best.

I rather like the idea of the cathedral, right off the Strip, doing perpetual Masses. I hope they do, or if not, start. It would be a good way for gamblers to invest their winnings.:wink: :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your godmother’s mother, and so close to Christmas too.

[/quote]

Nah, it just seems to be yours, so to speak. No one else concentrates on it as their pride an joy quite to the same degree. Although I suppose that as a death bed wish you could always request Dr. Bombay to continue your work after you pass. :smiley: What a dirty trick. How could he say no?

I am a member of FOSS (Friends of the Suffering Souls). This is mainly for deceased persons. It is marvellous - you only need to have one Mass offered by you each year, but you participate in all the Masses offered by the entire membership.

Remember, there are no ungrateful people in Heaven. If you are instrumental, by your membership in FOSS, in helping to send souls to Heaven earlier than they might have gone without your help, they will be very grateful to you, and help you when it is your turn in Purgatory.

Also, as long as someone notifies FOSS of the date of your death, you will be one of the souls benefiting from the perpetual novena.

Here is the link to the website:

users.1earth.net/~foss/index.html

[quote=Joan M]I am a member of FOSS (Friends of the Suffering Souls). This is mainly for deceased persons. It is marvellous - you only need to have one Mass offered by you each year, but you participate in all the Masses offered by the entire membership.

Remember, there are no ungrateful people in Heaven. If you are instrumental, by your membership in FOSS, in helping to send souls to Heaven earlier than they might have gone without your help, they will be very grateful to you, and help you when it is your turn in Purgatory.

Also, as long as someone notifies FOSS of the date of your death, you will be one of the souls benefiting from the perpetual novena.

Here is the link to the website:

users.1earth.net/~foss/index.html
[/quote]

Thanks, Joan!

[/quote]

No but you are so eloquent and do it so well, the rest of us who understand that we are ALL Catholic and should know better than to disparage each other, stand in awe and silently cheer you on!

[quote=HagiaSophia]No but you are so eloquent and do it so well, the rest of us who understand that we are ALL Catholic and should know better than to disparage each other, stand in awe and silently cheer you on!
[/quote]

Aw, Hagia, now you’ve made me go all va-klempt!!! Thank you, dear friend!

[/quote]

You could enroll yourself in the Rosary Confraternity. Its free and your only obligation while you are alive is to pray at least 15 decades of the Rosary each week and a prayer for the members of the Rosary Confraternity.

The Confraternity of the Most Holy Rosary brings its members under the special protection of Our Lady, Queen of the Rosary, and places their spiritual welware in her hands.

Also as a member you have hundreds of thousands of other members praying for you each day while you are alive and they continue praying for you after you have died. Just think of it. All these people praying for you forever.

Additionally as a member you share in the Masses, Prayers, Acts of Penance, and Apostolic Works over over 60,000 members of the Family of St Dominic.

Website is: www.rosary-center.org/

[quote=JKirkLVNV]Um, just to clarify to everyone, I haven’t had any “bad news.” My godmother (a Carmelite) lost her mother on 12/23/05). I enrolled her mom in the Mass association at one of our parishes here that has one and it just got me to thinking about it, that’s all. I always like to know about worthy Catholic org. that offer this incomparible gift. I’m not making any immediate plans for “departure.” I am, however, touched by your remarks, esp. Netmilsmom’s kind offer to enroll me. Not dying yet, God willing. AND if I do go, I’ll take all the CA folks in my heart and in my prayers.
[/quote]

Phew!!!
Ya had us going there, Friend!

(hey if you go first, save me a spot ;))

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.