Entering Carmel

Hi, I’m entering a Carmel in England on 11th February 2015. It will be the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, which feels like a good day to enter.

I’m embarking on my postulancy, finally; it’s taken two years to get to this point. I’m 52 and am rather ancient for pursuing a vocation, but I’ve always wanted to be a nun (I was brought up in a religion that doesn’t have consecrated life). I worry that I shan’t be able to stand the pace, and that I shan’t be able to get on with some of the religious practice there, but I keep going back to it and think God may be calling me there.

I would really appreciate your prayers for me please!! :slight_smile:

Love & prayers
LorettaVaire

I will say a prayer.

Carmelites singing. gloria.tv/media/9uh4QBXE423

I will say a prayer for you. And may the Lord and Our Lady of Mount Carmel be with you in a special way!

Thankyou! for responding to a likely vocation. I’ve asked la petit Therese to intercede for you in a special way and the Sacred Heart to bestow on you special graces.

Please pray for me, too. Because I need it. I admire Therese and wish to be as strong as she was in her Love and her Confidence.

God Bless!

Praying for you. God bless you.

Dear Loretta, you have my prayers. Carmel is a beautiful vocation. If it is your true vocation, all Eternity won’t be enough to thank Our Lord for it.

Remember to pray for us too.

God bless you!

Blessings to you! If you have not already done so, please read “In This House of Brede,” a wonderful novel by Rumer Godden. It is about a woman in her 40s who enters a Benedictine Monastery (modeled after Stanbrook). She of course found it to be a challenge, but she persevered. It is a beautiful book, with characters who are quite fully realized.

Carmels are small and I doubt they would have admitted you if they were not very optimistic about your capacity to perservere.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and good wishes! I shall pray for you all as well. At the moment I’m surrounded by boxes and I think I shall be quite dazed when I finally arrive :slight_smile:

May God bless all of you.

St John of the Cross Ora Pro Nobis

Loretta

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.