Entering the convent/things to arrange

I am discerning with a religious community and both myself and they are positive so it looks like I´m going to enter.
The convent I will enter is in another country so I have many things to arrange. I already made a checklist but I´m afraid I overlook things. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any resources available when it comes to those arrangements. Thank you.

Congratulations!

I’m sorry I don’t have anything to help on this endeavor except to make a suggestion you ask those at the convent what things you will need to arrange. I’m sure they’d be happy to help you since they’ve been through it before.

Best wishes to you!

Praying for you, moonlight87 …

Congratulations!

:blessyou:

Return trip ticket should there ever be a need. You can cash it in later on behalf of the community if you are sure of your vocation. Prayers for you.

Thanks a lot for your congratulations and for your prayers!

A few things come to mind:

[LIST]
*]is to check with the country in question whether or not you require a visa, a work permit etc to live as a religious sister. I know some countries may have special visas or ways to enter the country as a potential religious sister therefore you would need to look at that fact.
*]Knowledge of where are your country’s embassies, places you can get help once you are inside the country in question.
*]If you are going to a country where there is a lot of potential violence, self defense courses couldn’t hurt.
*]I would have a bank account with more than enough funds which will enable you to travel home safely as well as extra money for unforeseen expenses such as hotels and travel money. Personally I would keep it private in order to protect yourself just in case.
*]An updated passport is extremely important. Depending on when it was expiring, it might be a good idea to get it renewed now as opposed to a year from now. (When applying I would state that you were renewing it now since you are going to be living outside the country for an unknown period of time)
*]Language lessons if you don’t already speak the language of the country in question
*]Make sure your family has copies of all of the documents you are travelling with you.
[/LIST]
I hope this helps,

SG

Congrats to you!

Congratulations! I will remember you in my prayers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.