Envying Priests?

Dear Forum

I see newly ordained Priests and seminarians (Which is something I hope to be in a few months). I want what they have. Yet I pray that the SACRED HEART bless them and their ministry to the Church so that I may not fall into the trap of envy, something I’m scared im doing. I dont want to envy them, but I love Priests and Seminarians! I want to be one!! :o:(

Whats going on…

Judging from your various posts, what's going on is: you're heading for a big-time "crash and burn". Fanaticism, especially in a young person, never seems to end well.

[quote="mymamamary, post:1, topic:299927"]
Dear Forum

I see newly ordained Priests and seminarians (Which is something I hope to be in a few months). I want what they have. Yet I pray that the SACRED HEART bless them and their ministry to the Church so that I may not fall into the trap of envy, something I'm scared im doing. I dont want to envy them, but I love Priests and Seminarians! I want to be one!! :o:(

Whats going on....

[/quote]

I know what you mean. When I was at this confrence, this joy came from priests, seminarians and sisters who were there with us. They were so in love with God and I loved seeing them because they always shined with this joy - a joy that I wanted.

I remember saying to my small group leader: "If I am as happy as them when I follow my vocation, I'll be set."

Nothing wrong with looking forward to what you feel God's will is in your life. I love seeing that you have this desire to be a priest, and you can see God's will coming to shape in your life. I'm still in this season of seperation and am content to see God's will play out - I just don't know where it is taking me!

Best of luck - FOLLOW GOD'S WILL - Remember not to discount your current vocation - and continue praying.

And be calm in the presence of God. He knows your life like the back of His hand and He has a divine plan. Don't discount Him. :)

God Bless,

Chloe M.

p.s. thanks for posting the things your going through - it really mirrors what I've been going through this past six months.

I just think you have ambition.

After all, many a med students have probably thought "Gee, I want that labcoat and prescription pad..."

Or nursing students "I'd love to wear that cap..."

The list goes on.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.