Eph 5: 9

Eph 5: 9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

In some translations: Spirit is translated as light.

I am not sure if it matters, but why might this be?

THANKS!

Also, but that is not why I am asking, the Holy Spirit CAUSES OR PRODUCES RIGHTEOUSNESS! But that will change the tread.

The word here (in the Nestle GNT) is φωτὸς (‘photos’ – light). It seems like the King James Version – and perhaps Bibles based on it (?) – use ‘Spirit’ instead. That’s because there’s a variant translation (e.g., the Textus Receptus) that has Πνεύματος (‘Pneumatos’ – Spirit) here instead of photos.

=Jim Baur;11849202]Eph 5: 9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

In some translations: Spirit is translated as light.

I am not sure if it matters, but why might this be?

THANKS!

Also, but that is not why I am asking, the Holy Spirit CAUSES OR PRODUCES RIGHTEOUSNESS! But that will change the tread.

Because sin is spoken of as “darkness” and grace and virtue as “light”. Thus Satan Is Darkness and the Holy Spirit in the same manner Is LIGHT:thumbsup:

You guys are great!!!

THANKS!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.