EpiPen Maker Mylan Faces Federal Antitrust Investigator

nbcnews.com/business/business-news/epipen-maker-mylan-faces-federal-antitrust-investigator-n714661

Federal antitrust regulators are eyeing big drugmaker Mylan’s EpiPen business, the company said this week.

Mylan, in a statement, said the Federal Trade Commission asked it “months ago” for information about its anti-allergy EpiPen “as part of a preliminary investigation.”

The disclosure comes nearly five months after two United States senators asked the FTC to investigate whether Mylan violated antitrust laws to protect the auto-injector EpiPen from competition.

This reminds me of the pharmaceutical company executive who…

“The drug, called Daraprim, was acquired in August by Turing Pharmaceuticals, a start-up run by a former hedge fund manager. Turing immediately raised the price to $750 a tablet from $13.50, bringing the annual cost of treatment for some patients to hundreds of thousands of dollars.”

nytimes.com/2015/09/21/business/a-huge-overnight-increase-in-a-drugs-price-raises-protests.html?_r=0

Then…

“Pharma bro Martin Shkreli in court as securities fraud case moves closer to trial”
cnbc.com/martin-shkreli/

Few things get my goat more than price gouging.

I imagine there are those who feel that someone is entitled to charge whatever they want for a good or service.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.