Epiphany and Baptism of The Lord

Ok, I live in a country were Epiphany is celebrated on January 6 and were it is not a Holy Day of Obligation. On Wikipedia it says the Baptism of the Lord is celebrated on the following Monday if it falls on the 7th or 8th of January if it is not a Holy Day of Obligation. But the Epiphany is celebrated on January 6th so it can never fall on the 7th or 8th? Help??

The Bishop of the area where you reside has the right to set what the Holy Days of Obligation are for your area.. If you wish to celebrate other Religious Feast Days, that is up to you. You are not required to do so.
So, relax, as long as you attend Mass on the Days of Obligation as set forth by your Bishop, you are not committing a sin.

[quote="BenedictMary1, post:1, topic:340179"]
Ok, I live in a country were Epiphany is celebrated on January 6 and were it is not a Holy Day of Obligation. On Wikipedia it says the Baptism of the Lord is celebrated on the following Monday if it falls on the 7th or 8th of January if it is not a Holy Day of Obligation. But the Epiphany is celebrated on January 6th so it can never fall on the 7th or 8th? Help??

[/quote]

Would you please clarify the following:
[LIST=1]
]Your country always celebrates the Epiphany of the Lord on 6th January?
*]The Epiphany of the Lord is not a holy day of obligation in your country?
[/LIST]
I'm afraid I can't answer your question. Plus, if 1 and 2 (above) are correct I'm confused. I understood that Rome had ruled that if the episcopal conference decided that the following were not to be holy days of obligation they were to be permanently transferred to a Sunday. These are the Epiphany, Ascension and *Corpus Christi

[quote="BenedictMary1, post:1, topic:340179"]

[/quote]

It has nothing to do with whether the Epiphany is observed as a Holy Day of Obligation.

The Baptism of the Lord is on the first Sunday after January 6th. In countries like yours, where the feast is always celebrated on the 6th, there is never a conflict with the Baptism of the Lord.

In Canada, however, the Feast of the Epiphany is celebrated on the first Sunday after January 1. If that Sunday also happens to be the first Sunday after January 6th (so the 7th or the 8th) Epiphany (a higher ranking feast) is celebrated and Baptism of the Lord is celebrated on the following Monday.

In some respects it does. If the Epiphany isn’t a holy day of obligation it must be transferred to the Sunday between 2nd and 8th January.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.