Epiphany - why wasn't anything recorded in scripture about Him (as the Messiah)?

Hi,

Luke 2:11

Revised Standard Version (RSV)

11 for to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

Matthew 2:2

New King James Version (NKJV)

2 saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.”

Epiphany - If Christ was made known to the world as the Christ (same as Messiah?), why wasn’t anything recorded in scripture about Him (as the Messiah)?

Or wasn’t He known as the Messiah until God through Peter made it known?

It wasn’t His time to be made known as Jesus said to His Mother Mary during the Cana Wedding Feast? But He was already known since birth?

Please help me to better understand!
God Bless You!
Brian

Perhaps this link will add a little to the question.

newadvent.org/cathen/10212c.htm

Will be interested to learn from more knowledgeable posters.

I believe only certain people knew of his importance at his birth. His life was a hidden one until he officially started his ministry. His birth was prophesied in the Bible and as we see from the NT, he fullfilled the prophecy as Messiah. We see that by his teachings, miracles, and his birth, death , resurrection, ascension, transfiguration etc.
I’m not too good on Bible verses but I remember Jesus says who do they say that I am, and I think it’s Peter says You are the Christ , Son of the living God.
We know he is the Messiah because he said so

“He who believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me. And he who sees me sees him who sent me. I have come as light into the world, that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness. If anyone hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He who rejects me and does not receive my sayings has a judge; the word that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day. For I have not spoken on my own authority; The Father who sent me has himself given me commandment what to say and what to speak. And I know that his commandment is eternal life. What I say, therefore, I say as the Father has bidden me.” John 12:44-50

There’s many more verses in the NT where he says where he’s from.
The main thing is we must have the faith to believe these things in the Bible and what the Church teaches :slight_smile:

God bless you :slight_smile:

Thank you for the postings! There has to be more specifics theological answers, or not, regarding my question. Perhaps, there is not an answer as to why what is shared in scripture is shared and what isn’t is not. It just seems though that if people knew Jesus was the Messiah from the beginning, they would have recorded more of his life in scripture or somewhere or something. Wondering why he faded into the background and then Jesus said my time has not yet come … to be made known to the world?

John the Baptist and many others at the time already knew.

Was Jesus Baptism before His Miracle at Cana? Either way, people would have known. Thank you for your help!
Brian

I’m not sure if this is the kind of answer sought, but it seems that when Paul convinced the Bereans that Christ fulfilled prophecy, it spoke to his Messiahship. (cf. Acts 17:2-3,11)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.