Episcopalian "Priest" Aborted Her Baby

Episcopalian Priest Aborted Her Baby So She Could Finish Divinity School
By Micaiah Bilger
March 2, 2016

The latest pro-abortion story to be highlighted in the mainstream media is that of the Rev. Anne Fowler, an Episcopal priest from New England, who said her abortion allowed her to finish divinity school and become a priest.

Here is her story, according to an amicus brief submitted to the U.S. Supreme Court:

If the Reverend Anne Fowler had not had access to an abortion when she accidentally became pregnant after enrolling in Divinity School, she would never have been able to graduate, to serve as a parish rector, or to help the enormous number of people whose lives she has touched. Unable to pursue her calling or be the mother she wanted to be for the daughter she already had, she would have been broken.

She believed her partner would not be a suitable parent; their relationship ended soon after the abortion. Already solely responsible for her daughter, Anne knew she could not complete Divinity School and pursue a career as a priest if she did not have an abortion. She has never regretted her decision and is grateful that she did not have to travel far, which would have caused her additional stress and financial hardship while she cared for her young daughter.

lifenews.com/2016/03/02/episcopalian-priest-aborted-her-baby-so-she-could-finish-divinity-school/

So, she could do all those things with one child but not two. Is that really their argument? :rolleyes:

Not to mention, she was sleeping with someone who was not a "suitable partner’.

She has an interesting value system, to say the least.

how does someone accidentally become pregnant?

and God did not authorize that church to ordain women, so she is definitely NOT a priest.

What a horrifically misguided woman…

Rush Limbaugh: “If Liberalism Is A Religion, Abortion Is The Sacrament”

How can ANY priest or minister of ANY denomination kill their unborn baby through abortion and then act like it had to happen so she could become a priest…how can she preach the 10 commandments especially thou shall not kill when she has done that herself and doesn’t see that she has done anything wrong and doesn’t regret it…its sick, she needs praying for that one day she realises what she has done

One word comes to mind with this entire story…diabolical.

So she had her own baby killed so she could “help” others, to “touch” their lives?? And never being able to TOUCH the life of her own baby!!! Not to mention she had a “partner” and no marriage. I just don’t think it works that way with God. I certainly wouldn’t want to have to look to someone like her for advice or emotional help! God Bless, Memaw

This world is SO messed up.

The next article will be “woman prostituted herself and sold crack to pay her way through divinity school”.

And then they ask why Anglican/Episcopalian orders aren’t valid. :banghead:

I agree!

I agree. we need for her conversion to being pro-life so she can counsel other mothers why NOT to have an abortion.

Like Catholic priests haven’t done regrettable (even morally reprehensible) things before or after their holy orders… :rolleyes:

Sorry I wasn’t going to comment, but I couldn’t let that pass. Condemning all for the actions of one/few is something I quite often see Catholics cry out when the Priest abuse/cover-up is brought up. But such accommodation goes both ways. Her actions have no bearing for or against the validity of Anglican/Episcopal orders.

And just so to be fair, her actions of having an abortion of convenience were not in line with the Episcopal Church’s stance on Abortion in 1982 when she had her abortion. Nor were they in line with the General Convention’s stance as most recently articulated in 1994.

I wonder if they knew about this before she became a so called “priest” and allowed her to be one anyway! She evidently still isn’t repentant! God Bless, Memaw

I agree. we need for her conversion to being pro-life so she can counsel other mothers why NOT to have an abortion.

I failt to see the relevance of the individual sins of one individual to whether their orders are valid or not.

The amicus brief to the Supreme Court also says she has volunteered as a chaplain at Planned Parenthood. She also chaired the Religious Coalition for the Freedom to Marry, an interfaith group dedicated to securing civil marriage for same-sex couples.

So much damage done from one person.

If a Catholic priest showed no remorse for their hand in an illicit relationship and the murder of a child, we would have just as poor of an opinion of him as we do of this woman.

True, but you wouldn’t be using it as somehow justification for why his orders were invalid either :wink:

That was the point of my statement. I’m not defending her action of having her abortion for the reasons she stated nor disputing anyone’s criticism of her individually, for it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.