Ernest angley

What do we know about Ernest Angley and him calling his church a cathedral ,years ago he was in Charlottle nc. and a person had a epileptic fit and he told people not to call 911 she was hit by the Holy spirit and she die B4 they got her to the hosp… Does any one here follow him

Gee, is he still around? I remember my college roommate did a killer imitation of him whenever his show came on - and that was in 1976! :eek: (yeah, I’m old! :D)

If that story is true, the family of that woman could have had a nice juicy lawsuit, if they chose to. :mad:

Well you think it was a good lawsuit but lawyer said they can not sue because he never touch the person and nothing was done. Thank for your answer

I remember him from the '70’s as well. My aunt and cousins were into his belief system and gave me his book “Rapture Rapture Rapture”, a “novel” of the end times and the Beast.

I was 17 years old at the time…it was just a couple years later I was “convinced” and became a member of the Society of Friends.

Just checked his Wikipedia page - didn’t see anything about this particular situation. Where did you read/hear about it? Do you have a source?

Friends, are you tired of the load of your sin?

Let Sweet Ernest Angley–that’s A N G L E Y–come into your heart.

All the preaching majors at the local Baptist college would watch him on Sun nights and laught their heads off.

Are you asking about Charlotte if you are it was in all the papers and on TV I do not remember the year butit was a long time ago. He is still on TV once a week with his ernest angley cathrdral. and I do not think he is talking about it if you watch he is a lot like Benny Hinn or was hetting people in the head and having them hit the ground,he is just another fake preacher like Leroy Jenkins, Don Stewart and others

Just remembered - Robin Williams did a parody of him called “Ernest Angry”. :smiley:

Thanks to all that answer the question on poor old Ernest may God bless Him
I don"t think Mr Angley is taking in as much money as he once did,he has not been back to Charlotte in years

Just out of curiosity, is this a section of the forums where paragraphs 2475 - 2487 of the Catechism are set aside? Or do those only apply when certain Catholics feel they are the injured parties, and it doesn’t really “count” when going after those one disagrees with?

Which of the above statements was not true, or misrepresented Mr. Angley’s ministry?

I thought he was dead…

“2477 Respect for the reputation of persons forbids every attitude and word likely to cause them unjust injury. He becomes guilty:
–of rash judgement who, even tacitly, assumes as true, without sufficient foundation, the moral fault of a neighbor;
–of detraction who, without objectively valid reason, discloses another’s faults and failings to persons who did not know them;
–of calumny who, by remarks contrary to the truth, harms the reputation of others and gives occasion for false judgements concerning them.”

None of the remarks about Mr. Angley or his ministry were substantiated by anything more specific than, “Oh, it was in the papers once, but I forget when,” and the “Objectively Valid Reason” would appear to be for the sheer joy of running down a person Christ loved enough to shed His own blood to save.

Either the Catholic Church holds to a higher standard than the world, or it doesn’t. The comments in this thread offer firm testimony to the standard people here hold to. Don’t waste your time with a reply; only your own will ever read it.

Well, you probably shouldn’t visit any Internet forums, if you’re going to get all upset by this level of conversation. :rolleyes:

Obviously you are a fan of Mr. Angley or you wouldn’t be getting this upset. Why don’t you just tell us that, and tell us what it is you like about him, instead of trying to insult us?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.