Eucharist and the Ascension of our Lord?

On this feast of the ascension, I am perplexed. How is Christ bodily raised into heaven, and he is no longer present on earth, yet we believe he is fully present body, blood, soul, and divinity on earth?

Those seem to contradict?

Any help is appreciated,

Tyler

Well if you’re Christian, presumably you believe that Jesus is God, why could Jesus not also be present in the Blessed Sacrament and somewhere else? After all, if he’s ascended into heaven, why can he also be in your heart?

2 Likes

During the Mass you’re closer to heaven than on earth.

2 Likes

How? It is mystery that our human mind cannot grasp. Yet the Eucharist is a great gift for our spiritual benefit. God does not leave us without help.

From one of my previous posts to another thread:

In his 1968 Apostolic Letter, Credo of the People of God (26), Pope Paul VI said, concerning transubstantiation: “The unique and indivisible existence of the Lord glorious in heaven is not multiplied, but is rendered present by the sacrament in the many places on earth where Mass is celebrated.” I could be wrong but I take this to mean that the space occupied by the appearance of bread and wine after consecration becomes an opening in space that is zero distance to wherever the glorified Jesus is now in heaven, if that makes sense.

So, the Divine Sacrament is a Spiritual Wormhole? :open_mouth:

You might find today’s homily by Bishop Barron to be of some assistance. It begins around the 7:30 mark.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.