Eucharist and the Holy Spirit

Do you actually feel something when you take the Eucharist? The Holy Spirit?

To be honest? Not normally, no. The greatest amount of feeling I ever experienced was at Easter Vigil when I was received into the Church.

I used to when I was part of the reformed church and had learnt about what the Catholic Church believes and teaches about the Eucharist. I realised my believes were Catholic and every single time I received communion there was a movement, very much like a butterfly, in my tummy and a voice saying softly: “I want to be within you.” It took many years before I was received into the Church.

Somehow I knew during RCIA, that the movement and voice would not be there, when I was finally Catholic. I knew that this was the very gentle way God communicated with me during my protestant days.

No, and one shouldn’t expect to

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.