Eucharist for a pregnant nonCatholic

Please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong spot…I wish to convert to Catholicism but I’m told I have to wait until RCIA starts back up in the fall and then wait until the Easter Vigil. I found out yesterday that I’m pregnant and I would love to take the Eucharist while the baby is growing. Is this a situation in which a nonCatholic would be allowed to take the Eucharist? Thanks so much for your help.

No. You’re not Catholic… and neither is your baby. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, the Church has good reasons for its rules regarding the reception of Eucharist.

Your baby will have plenty of chances to receive Eucharist, at his First Communion and afterward. And so will you, once you have received the instruction you need, and are in full communion with the Church.

Good luck with your journey! Welcome!

If you are baptized then you should make an appointment to discuss entering the Church with your pastor. RCIA for the unbaptized is a structured process that does culminate in baptism at the Easter Vigil. A baptized person seeking full communion can be brought into the Church at times other than Easter Vigil. And, this will depend upon their level of knowledge and other factors.

So, you may be able to enter the Church sooner than Easter Vigil. Talk to the priest.

Regarding receiving the Eucharist, no you should not do so.

:thumbsup:
I can understand (and thank Him for) your wanting to receive the Eucharist before the Easter Vigil. I would doubt that the pastor will allow you to before officially entering the Church, however as posted above, you may be able to alter that time. I would speak to your RCIA director and pastor about it.

Talk with your priest and explain your situation and desire. There is nothing written in stone that says he cannot arrange for private RCIA and, although it is the usual practice to enter the Church at the Easter Vigil, it is not unheard of for someone to enter the church at another time.

It doesn’t hurt to ask. The worst he can do is say no.

Welcome to you and your baby.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.