Eucharist in the Catholic Church

What do you have to do in order to receive the Eucharist in the catholic church

Be in a state of grace, and meet canonical criteria.

This is a rather vague question. Is there something specific you were wondering?

Well, first of all, assuming you are already a baptised catholic, you need to go confess ALL your mortal sins to a priest. Mortal sins are grave transgressions against god which were done with FULL consent and with FULL knowledge of the sin's graveness. So 3 things must be fulfilled=

1) Must be grave matter
2) you need to do it with full consent, so your soul and body need to be aware of the act and agree to it.
3) You need to know that it is wrong.

Once all these 3 steps are undertaken, when committing let's say for example Abortion (it is grave matter), if it is done with full knowledge and full consent, then it is a mortal sin.

So before you undertake communion, you need to confess ALL you mortal sins to a priest, because if you don't confess all of them, it will be another mortal sin if you take the eucharist in that state. And if a person dies in a state of even ONE mortal sin, he/she will be separated FOREVER from God. So to receive the eucharist, you need to be absolved by the priest from all mortal sins. But yes, as along as you are free from all mortal sins, do receive the eucharist.

For more information, ask other professional catholics regarding this issue :).

For more information, ask other professional catholics regarding this issue

Sorry phrased it wrong, i mean ask other catholics who are professional (I'm not really professional).

[quote="Marissa99, post:1, topic:334773"]
What do you have to do in order to receive the Eucharist in the catholic church

[/quote]

You must be a baptized Catholic who has already received first communion and is in full communion with the Church (i.e., accepting all its teaching and living according to all its precepts). You must be in the state of grace, i.e., free of mortal sin at least since your last confession. You must have fasted for at least an hour unless you meet certain criteria (e.g., illness). You may receive communion up to twice a day under normal circumstances, the second time only at Mass (you can receive Viaticum at any time however).

In normal circumstances, you must be a baptized Catholic in a state of grace. You also must have observed the fast.

God bless you. :blessyou:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.