Eucharist-more than Jesus?

1. The Eucharist is the Body of Christ.
  2. Christ is one with the Father
    "Consubstantialem Patri"- Nicene Creed
    and “I and the Father are one.” John 10:30
    What does this tell us about the Eucharist? Do we also recieve the Father, in a different sort of way? What about the the Holy Spirit, as all persons are one God? Very interesting.
    Pax

“consubstantialem Patri” really means “one in substance with the Father” in my translation (I have limited knowledge of Latin).
So I used that clause from the Creed wrong, I now realized. But my question remains. Pax.

In the Eucharist you unite with the entire Body of Christ - yes, the Holy Trinity and the saints in Heaven, but only Spiritually.

Sacramentally, you are only united with Christ - His Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity.

We believe that the Eucharist is Jesus Christ - Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity. It would seem that Divinity is the Trinity, which is inseparable/indivisible. :twocents:

Yes, but remember, only One of the Three took on flesh.

Yes, so we only consume the flesh of Christ, and not of the Father and Holy Spirit.

The Divinity is indivisible, and we receive the Divinity of Christ which is the Divinity of the whole Trinity. Therefore we really receive the whole Trinity by the Eucharist, though we receive the Son in more “ways”.

Peace and God bless!

Yes, we receive the Son Sacramentally, and the rest of the Body of Christ spiritually.

I’ve addressed this before and got ripped up pretty good. Here’s the thread.

Thank you all for your comments. I understand this much more now.
Pax

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.