Eucharist once per year during Easter season

Does this precept mean that if you receive communion at other times during the year you still have to during Easter season? Or is this only if you receive on e per year then it has to be during Easter?

Catholic teaching stipulates you must attend mass every Sunday and Holy Day of Obligation. If you're only going to receive once per year, I would consider honestly how important God and His Church are in your life.

Thank you but a question doesn't necessarily I'm the one asking it. Could be I'm trying to answer another's question. If someone has an answer I would be grateful.

You are only required to receive once a year in what is known as the “Easter Duty;” you may receive Communion once anytime between Ash Wednesday and Pentecost to satisfy this duty.

You are obliged to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation, however, you are not required to receive Communion every time you go to Mass.

All that said, those are matters of precept that establish the “bare minimum.” If you want to grow in the life of grace and grow closer to Our Lord, it is very much encouraged that you receive Communion devoutly and frequently, provided you are in a state of grace. To receive Communion daily here at the seminary is among the greatest joys of being here!

-ACEGC

[quote="BiffRuffle, post:2, topic:325432"]
Catholic teaching stipulates you must attend mass every Sunday and Holy Day of Obligation. If you're only going to receive once per year, I would consider honestly how important God and His Church are in your life.

[/quote]

Rawr...

Thank you.

I think you mean between Easter Sunday and Pentecost. Ash Wednesday begins the Lenten season, while the Canon says,

[quote=“Code of Canon Law”]Can. 920 §1 Once admitted to the blessed Eucharist, each of the faithful is obliged to receive holy communion at least once a year.

§2 This precept must be fulfilled during paschal time, unless for a good reason it is fulfilled at another time during the year.

[/quote]

Is penticost considered part of Easter season?

[quote="expectthebest, post:1, topic:325432"]
Does this precept mean that if you receive communion at other times during the year you still have to during Easter season?

[/quote]

Yes, it means this.

[quote="Elizium23, post:7, topic:325432"]
I think you mean between Easter Sunday and Pentecost. Ash Wednesday begins the Lenten season, while the Canon says,

[/quote]

I can't find a source right now, but I recall reading in an official document that in the United States, the precept may be fulfilled from the First Sunday of Lent through Trinity Sunday, inclusive.

[quote="aemcpa, post:10, topic:325432"]
I can't find a source right now, but I recall reading in an official document that in the United States, the precept may be fulfilled from the First Sunday of Lent through Trinity Sunday, inclusive.

[/quote]

Answer by Rev. Mark J. Gantley, JCL on 6/19/2007

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.