Eucharist

If it bothers you, just ignore my posts.

The multilocation of Christ in heaven and upon thousands of altars throughout the world. Note that Pope Paul VI wrote that “Christ is present whole and entire in His physical “reality,” corporeally present, although not in the manner in which bodies are in a place.”

CHRIST PRESENT IN THE EUCHARIST THROUGH TRANSUBSTANTIATION

1. To avoid any misunderstanding of this type of presence, which goes beyond the laws of nature and constitutes the greatest miracle of its kind, (50) we have to listen with docility to the voice of the teaching and praying Church. Her voice, which constantly echoes the voice of Christ, assures us that the way in which Christ becomes present in this Sacrament is through the conversion of the whole substance of the bread into His body and of the whole substance of the wine into His blood, a unique and truly wonderful conversion that the Catholic Church fittingly and properly calls transubstantiation. (51) As a result of transubstantiation, the species of bread and wine undoubtedly take on a new signification and a new finality, for they are no longer ordinary bread and wine but instead a sign of something sacred and a sign of spiritual food; but they take on this new signification, this new finality, precisely because they contain a new “reality” which we can rightly call ontological. For what now lies beneath the aforementioned species is not what was there before, but something completely different; and not just in the estimation of Church belief but in reality, since once the substance or nature of the bread and wine has been changed into the body and blood of Christ, nothing remains of the bread and the wine except for the species—beneath which Christ is present whole and entire in His physical “reality,” corporeally present, although not in the manner in which bodies are in a place.

w2.vatican.va/content/paul-vi/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_p-vi_enc_03091965_mysterium.html

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=1018547

Check out post # 2

But, In your opinion, is Jesus invisible in the Eucharist?

I think yes, but Pope Paul VI says we see the Host but not the Incarnate Word.

1. The unique and indivisible existence of the Lord glorious in heaven is not multiplied, but is rendered present by the sacrament in the many places on earth where Mass is celebrated. And this existence remains present, after the sacrifice, in the Blessed Sacrament which is, in the tabernacle, the living heart of each of our churches. And it is our very sweet duty to honor and adore in the blessed Host which our eyes see, the Incarnate Word whom they cannot see, and who, without leaving heaven, is made present before us.

Credo of the People, 1968.
w2.vatican.va/content/paul-vi/en/motu_proprio/documents/hf_p-vi_motu-proprio_19680630_credo.html

When you answered my question I was satisfied but then after reading your quote, I’m more :confused: than ever.

Do you think you can comprehend such details or that it is necessary to do any more than accept transubstantiation with faith?

I do accept it with faith but don’t understand your quote. But quote aside, you’d say Jesus is invisible in the Eucharist though, right?

When I posted yes I meant no. Somehow I reversed it.

This is what I wrote: I receive the glorified body/blood of Christ with soul and divinity entire, in the Eucharist, regardless of how that appears to my senses, so I really see the Christ. (The appearance is a miracle.)

I’m going to ask my priest.

Thank you!

Nobody is forcing you to read my thread or posts. I don’t get why you’re so annoyed when you have a choice to not read it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.