Eucharistic Adoration: Thought for the day

During Adoration this morning I heard some coming into church talking .

I started chunnering within myself .

Then I saw who it was . A lady with her husband who has dementia pretty badly .

God bless them , and forgive me .

8 Likes

Today I learned the word “chunnering.”

4 Likes

Know also that you will probably gain more by praying fifteen minutes before the Blessed Sacrament than by all the other spiritual exercises of the day. True, Our Lord hears our prayers anywhere, for He has made the promise, ‘Ask, and you shall receive,’ but He has revealed to His servants that those who visit Him in the Blessed Sacrament will obtain a more abundantmeasure of grace.

-St. Alphonsus Liguori

4 Likes

Online Adoration cam
http://74.142.49.38:8000/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=260001

Click “live view” if it doesn’t load

2 Likes

We really are very blessed here in the U.S. to have Eucharistic Adoration. I’m not sure if anybody in Australia has hardly ever heard of such a thing, it’s terribly rare. adoration chapels, at least.

1 Like

I know some 24 hour Adoration chapels with key pad access. Great gift to have for sure

3 Likes

The priest this morning as he turned towards a couple who were talking , " Shhhhh ! " as he shook his head .

5 Likes

A thousand years of enjoying human glory is not worth even an hour spent sweetly
communing with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.

-St. Padre Pio

6 Likes

6 Likes

Every Holy Hour we make so pleases the Heart of Jesus that it is
recorded in Heaven and retold for all eternity!

-St. Mother Teresa of Calcutta

4 Likes

ingres_the_virgin_of_the_host

4 Likes

3 Likes

10 Likes

That is a pretty outstanding track record. That would be 20,075 consecutive days of Holy Hours spent before the Blessed Sacrament.

4 Likes

I’ve never actually calculated that out before–consider my mind to be officially blown!

4 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

A Holy Hour of prayer before the Blessed Sacrament is so important to Jesus that a multitude of souls go to Heaven who otherwise would have gone to hell.

(Jesus revelation to Blessed
Dina Belanger)

3 Likes

hmmm, maybe we all can give you some tips here.

First off, you don’t have to “feel” anything. Probably most people do not. Hard to say. Just go there and read a book, or just tell Jesus your thoughts and ask him for this and that, and for others needs.

Think of adoration like getting a sun tan. You’re going to get graces from being there whether you “feel” anything at the time or not. Exactly like you get a tan from being out in the sun. You don’t have to do anything, but you will come away with adoration having made an effect on your soul. You will indeed have a Son tan of sorts. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

There is the story about an old man that John Vianney often found in the Church just staring at the tabernacle. The priest asked him what he was doing and the man explained, “I look at him and he looks at me.”

1 Like

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.