Eucharistic Adoration: Thought for the day

"I am not in an audience with our Holy Father, not am I in the presence of a saint from
heaven, nor with some distinguished personality. Before me, dear Jesus, You are present
under the frail appearance of the host. With the eyes of faith I believe that You are present as
my God, my Lord, my Redeemer, the Creator of heaven and earth, my all. I believe, dear
Jesus, that You are truly present, body and blood, soul and divinity, in the most Blessed
Sacrament."

• Reflections and Prayers for Visits with our Eucharistic Lord, John J. Cardinal Carberry

I rarely go to adoration. I think I am missing something. I guess I need to switch off, which I never do.

I like than analogy! Perfect!

Hmmm… Saint Faustina spent many many many hours whenever possible with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. :slight_smile:

“I will not allow myself to be so absorbed in the whirlwind of work as to forget about God. I will spend all my free moments at the feet of the Master hidden in the Blessed Sacrament. He has been tutoring me from my most tender years.”

-St Faustina

I wasn’t knocking it, I just don’t feel what others feel.

"Let every knee bend before Thee, O greatness of my God, so supremely humbled in the
Sacred Host. May every heart love Thee, every spirit adore Thee and every will be subject to
Thee!"

• St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

So if we want a better world or a better Church we know one way of helping our wish to become a reality .

On some ways, that’s a good thing, because there is more merit in going to Adoration when you feel nothing. :slightly_smiling_face:

Wherever I may be I will often think of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. I will fill my
thoughts with the holy tabernacle (even when I happen to wake up at night) adoring Him
from where I am, calling to Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, offering up to Him the action in
which I am engaged. I will install one telegraph cable from my study to the Church, another
from my bedroom, and a third from our refectory; and as often as I can, I will send messages
of love to Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament."

• Andrew Beltrami

"The Eucharist, behold the Christian’s treasure, his delight on earth. Since Jesus is in the
Eucharist for him personally, his whole life ought to be drawn to it like a magnet to its
centre."

• St. Peter Julian Eymard

“Go and find Him when your patience and strength run out and you feel alone and helpless. Jesus is waiting for you in the chapel. Say to Him, ‘Jesus, you know exactly what is going on. You are all I have, and you know all things. Come to my help.’ And then go, and don’t worry about how you are going to manage. That you have told God about it is enough. He has a good memory.”

St. Jeanne Jugan

Both inspiring and edifying, I really like this short 6 minute talk Fr. Barron presents on just how winsome Eucharistic Adoration really is, subtly hidden under the humble appearance of bread, though it be…

A Holy Hour of Eucharistic Adoration is the best way to grow spiritually (outside of Mass).

-Pope Paul VI

"Let weak and frail man come here suppliantly to adore the Sacrament of Christ, not to discuss high things, or wish to penetrate difficulties, but to bow down to secret things in humble veneration, and to abandon God’s mysteries to God, for Truth deceives no man—Almighty God can do all things. Amen."

• St. Paul of the Cross

I think what they prayed in Portuguese is more accurately translated as:

Most Holy Trinity, I adore You! My God, my God I love You in the Most Blessed Sacrament.

:slight_smile:

“Keep seeking Jesus in the Eucharist, and you will live with Him as the Most Holy
Virgin did in Nazareth.”
– St. Teresa of the Andes

“Go to Jesus. He loves you and is waiting for you to give you many graces. He is on the altar surrounded by angels adoring and praying. Let them make some room for you and join them in doing what they do.”

St. Mary Joseph Rosello (1811 to 1888)

"How great is the value of conversation with Christ in the Blessed Sacrament, for there is nothing more consoling on earth, nothing more efficacious for advancing along the road of holiness!" (Pope Paul VI)

“Go and find Him when your patience and strength run out and you feel alone and helpless. Jesus is waiting for you in the chapel. Say to Him, ‘Jesus, you know exactly what is going on. You are all I have, and you know all things. Come to my help.’ And then go, and don’t worry about how you are going to manage. That you have told God about it is enough. He has a good memory.”

St. Jeanne Jugan (1792 to 1879)

“Yes, I am happy, perfectly happy; and do you wish to know where I find true happiness? At the feet of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament,…”

(Fr. Augustine Mary Of The Most Blessed Sacrament ,1821 to 1871)

“There is more sweetness in one hour of prayer before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament than in all the world’s crowded theaters, and brilliant drawing rooms, and giddy diversions, and social gatherings.”

St. Gabriel Possenti (1838 to 1862)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.