Eucharistic Adoration: Thought for the day

If we truly knew how to appreciate the Holy Eucharist , it alone would fortify and sustain us.

St. Theodore Guerin (1798 to 1856)

“I need nothing in this world in order to be happy. I only need to see Jesus in Heaven whom I now see and adore on the altar with the eyes of faith.”

St. Dominic Savio (1842 to 1857)

Keep seeking Jesus in the Eucharist, and you will live with Him as the Most Holy Virgin did in Nazareth.
–Saint Teresa of the Andes (1900-1920)

The road of sanctity is not a road of honors, but rather a road of misunderstandings and humiliations. When you encounter difficulties, don’t discourage yourself too quickly. Run without delay to the tabernacle to sigh with Jesus, telling him: ‘Jesus, I have only the thought of abandoning you. Deign to change my will. I’m very sad, and all I can do is ask you to accept my sadness. I can’t find peace… I can’t stop myself from crying… accept my tears with gentleness.’

–Francois-Xavier Nguyen Van Thuân (1928-2002)

This is beautiful.Best friend and Creator is Jesus.

To withdraw from creatures and repose with Jesus in the Tabernacle is my delight; there I can hide myself and seek rest. There I find a life which I cannot describe, a joy which I cannot make others comprehend, a peace such as is found only under the hospitable roof of our best Friend.
–Saint Ignatius of Loyola (1491-1556)

In the meantime, there are five graces we receive each time we visit Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. By His glorious wounds we are the ones who are transfigured and changed through His healing love. Restoration, sanctification, transformation, reparation and salvation are the graces being poured out graciously upon us with each holy hour we make.

–Vincent Martin Lucia and Josefino Ramirez (2006)

The Lord is present in the tabernacle in his divinity and in his humanity. He is not present for his own sake but for ours: it is his delight to be with the ‘children of men.’

–Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross (1891-1942)

The Blessed Sacrament is indeed the stimulus for us all, for me as it should be for you, to forsake all worldly ambitions. Without the constant presence of our Divine Master upon the altar in my poor chapels, I never could have persevered casting my lot with the lepers of Molokai.

–Saint Damien of Molokai (1840-1889)

It is by staying still, in silence, and possibly for long periods, before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament that we perceive what He wants from us, put aside our own plans to make way for His, and let God’s light gradually penetrate the heart and heal it.

–Raniero Cantalamessa

We must love with all our heart Jesus in the Eucharist. It is by love that Jesus instituted this sacrament of the Eucharist, in which he gives himself as food for our soul, so that we can be united to and transformed in him and in the end partake of his glory in Heaven.

–Marcel Nguyễn Tân Văn (1928–1959)

Our Redeemer, ever present in the most Blessed Sacrament, extends His hand to everyone. He opens His heart and says, “ Come to Me, all of You"

— Saint Raphael Kalinowski (1835-1907)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.