Eucharistic Adoration

Can anyone explain fully whats involved in this and does every parish have it.

If one wanted to start it as a lay person how would one best approach it?

Eucharistic Adoration is basically spending time before and praying before, the Blessed Lord who is really and truly present in the Blessed Sacrament. During Eucharistic Adoration the Blessed Sacrament is exposed(that is presented for adoration) in a monstrance, usually on an altar for the faithful to pray in front of and spend time with with our Lord in a definitive way.

It is a blessing for any parish to have Eucharistic Adoration and the best way to begin is to speak to your parish priest(pastor) and see if it could be started in your parish. Alternatively if your parish already has Eucharistic Adoration at some point during the week, just go along and spend time in the Lords presence. As Peter said to Jesus at the transfiguration “Lord it is good for us to be here”

I must say though ,I doubt anyone this side of heaven can fully explain Eucharistic Adoration.

God Bless

Also, even if the Blessed Sacrament isn’t Exposed (in a monstrance) Spending time before the Lord in the tabernacle is also a blessing!

I can’t explain Eucharistic Adoration that well, but I can say that it has worked miracles for me. I’m not exaggerating when I say that the best moment of my life was spent in Adoration.

I live 10 minutes away from a very nice and brand new church that has a perpetual Adoration chapel which is truly a great blessing.

To try and explain it a bit, I think that Eucharistic Adoration is one of two great secrets of the Catholic Church. The other is the Rosary. Which is a great thing to pray while at Adoration. I can’t really explain it, but it is the best place to pray in my opinion. Your parish’s website should have what days and time they’re having Adoration. If not your parish, then look for another church in your area.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.