Eucharistic Miracles

I’ve been reading up on Eucharistic miracles, including the one in Lanciano and Buenos Aires.

Is there any way that these can be explained by someone pulling a hoax and adding human blood and heart tissue to the Hosts instead of the Hosts turning into blood and tissue by a miracle?

Anyone?

[quote="Faith1960, post:1, topic:330239"]
I've been reading up on Eucharistic miracles, including the one in Lanciano and Buenos Aires.

Is there any way that these can be explained by someone pulling a hoax and adding human blood and heart tissue to the Hosts instead of the Hosts turning into blood and tissue by a miracle?

[/quote]

I saw the miraculous Eucharist in Santarem (Portgual) two months ago. It is in a very tiny church, is high above the alter in a monstrance behind glass. You can go behind the alter and climb a very short but steep flight of steps and you will be face to face with it (it is behind glass of course). It does not look like a regular host. It is sort of collapsed to one side, is brown. We were told it was tested, was indeed the right atrium of a Human heart, type AB blood (the same as on the Shroud) and had NO DNA.

It would be impossible to fake something like this. ALL blood has DNA, whether Human or otherwise. Tests were done by professionals who did not know what they were looking at (what it was, where it came from). I doubt the church officials would lie about this, I think that would be a huge blasphemy.

From what I understand, the Church investigates these miracles. If something ended up being wrong with it, they would say something.

I've been reading up on Eucharistic miracles, including the one in Lanciano and Buenos Aires.

[/quote]

I know that the one in Lanciano, that happened in and around the yr 900. The Priest who was doing the consecration had doubts about it being the real blood and body of our lord jesus Christ. The eucharist had coagulation to it, and the blood was authenthic blood. From what I read and seen on reports, the same coagulation is still there from almost 1100 yrs ago. Is it possible, yes Science ppl and non believers will say its a hoax, but i see it as God saying look Guys, I am here in the Eucharist, come I am the Bread of Eternal Life

[quote="chero23, post:5, topic:330239"]
I know that the one in Lanciano, that happened in and around the yr 900. The Priest who was doing the consecration had doubts about it being the real blood and body of our lord jesus Christ. The eucharist had coagulation to it, and the blood was authenthic blood. From what I read and seen on reports, the same coagulation is still there from almost 1100 yrs ago. Is it possible, yes Science ppl and non believers will say its a hoax, but i see it as God saying look Guys, I am here in the Eucharist, come I am the Bread of Eternal Life

[/quote]

If someone did pull a hoax, would it be detected by the scientists who examined the Eucharists or is there some way they could pull it off and fool the experts?

These are miracles. No there is no way they could be a hoax. The church would not approve them if there was any question. Faith is a gift from God, I Trust in Him!

[quote="Faith1960, post:6, topic:330239"]
If someone did pull a hoax, would it be detected by the scientists who examined the Eucharists or is there some way they could pull it off and fool the experts?

[/quote]

If it were a hoax, it would have likely been picked up by the examiners. They are brought in blind so as not to skew their results. The Church is only interested in the Truth, if a supposed miracle turns out to be a fake the Church'll be the first one to say as much.. well.. after the person who figures it out of course.

[quote="Faith1960, post:6, topic:330239"]

[/quote]

The church would tell us right away whether it was a hoax. The Church does believe that miracles exist, but it does not go by word of mouth. The Chirch actually goes off investigating to see whether what they are being presented with is truly a miracle.

If for example when it comes to naming a person a saint. the person must have at least 2 known miracles. the Church actually goes out and checks it out. They don't want to be fool and tell the rest of the world, and 2 mins later have to retract and what they said.

We don’t have to look hard for Eucharistic miracles.

The Eucharist by conception and form is a miracle in itself that we have a daily opportunity to become part of!

[quote="chero23, post:5, topic:330239"]

[/quote]

[quote="ProdglArchitect, post:8, topic:330239"]
If it were a hoax, it would have likely been picked up by the examiners. They are brought in blind so as not to skew their results. The Church is only interested in the Truth, if a supposed miracle turns out to be a fake the Church'll be the first one to say as much.. well.. after the person who figures it out of course.

[/quote]

When the the tissue and blood was found on some of the Hosts, I think I'd read the tissue was determined to be from a living person. Is any of he blood or tissues from the Eucharistic miracles determined to still be living tissue?

[/quote]

The miracle at Lanciano has been tested twice in the last century :D the first "scientific test" was carried out in 1970 and after that it was repeated by another team in 1973.

The vials containing the tissue and blood are not air tight and the scientists are baffled that after 12 centuries no putrefaction or oxidation have ocurred to either the tissue or the blood.
The did search for any possible conservation, mumification or preservation agents.
NONE were found!
In fact the blood presents all the characteristic of fresh blood and so does the tissue.

The fact that the scentists were totally baffled and stumped by this is an indication that this is no hoax.

[quote="Faith1960, post:11, topic:330239"]
When the the tissue and blood was found on some of the Hosts, I think I'd read the tissue was determined to be from a living person. Is any of he blood or tissues from the Eucharistic miracles determined to still be living tissue?

[/quote]

I also read that the tissue was heart tissue.

Was there anything in the blood or heart tissue from the Host in Lanciano like white cells or something that suggests it’s still living tissue?

Here’s 1 link, it talks about how it had arteries, a vagal nerve. Hopefully this helps some.

therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/lanciano.html

[quote="chero23, post:15, topic:330239"]
Here's 1 link, it talks about how it had arteries, a vagal nerve. Hopefully this helps some.

therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/lanciano.html

[/quote]

Thanks, I've read this before but it's always interesting.

I guess the part I'm stumped on is this:<<<<< In the Blood there were found proteins in the same normal proportions (percentage-wise) as are found in the sero-proteic make-up of the fresh normal blood. >>>>>>>

Can someone translate please? :confused:

Well, In the case if Lanciano I’ve heard one atheist say that a priest would have had access to dead bodies and we only have his word that they were originally communion bread and wine. And relics are taken really good care of by the church. :shrug:

[quote="BrethrenBoy, post:17, topic:330239"]
Well, In the case if Lanciano I've heard one atheist say that a priest would have had access to dead bodies and we only have his word that they were originally communion bread and wine. And relics are taken really good care of by the church. :shrug:

[/quote]

But, didn't testing on the blood and heart indicate the body was living due to the white blood cells or something, which would contradict getting it from dead bodies....or not?

[quote="BrethrenBoy, post:17, topic:330239"]
Well, In the case if Lanciano I've heard one atheist say that a priest would have had access to dead bodies and we only have his word that they were originally communion bread and wine. And relics are taken really good care of by the church. :shrug:

[/quote]

I think it was on youtube, but i heard there or read, not sure were I saw it, but the point is that after both test, the first one was in the early 70s, the second 1 in the late 70s early 80s, but both results which were conducted by different scientific labs, both said that the Blood is AB if Im not mistaken, and the 2nd experiement said that it appeared to be the same blood and heart tissue from test 1.

Now blood can live for a few mins outside of the body, but for it to live 9 yrs outside and still have freshness is impossible. Only word that comes to mind is miracle

How can you find Human blood and extract its DNA? As I said in earlier post, Santarem Eucharist was examined by secular scientists who had no idea what they were looking at. It was a heart muscle, there was Human blood, there was no DNA. That’s impossible. Only God can do that. Therefore, it’s the real thing, sanctioned by the Church after rigorous examination.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.