Eucharistic prayer when Papal Seat is empty

so when feb 28th rolls around and the papal seat is empty what does the priest say in the Eucharistic prayer when it talks about the pope. I was alive when the last election happened but I really didn't pay attention to that part of the mass. So what do the rubrics say to do in this case.

thanks for any answers.

I am not sure what the rubrics are, but I clearly remember back in 2005 when my priest said
"Lord, remember your Church throughout the world; make us grow in love, together with the Holy See, our Bishop Nicolas, and all the clergy"

He gave a pause like he didn't know what to say at that point. Or perhaps a symbolic pause. I don't know.

[quote="mfrances, post:2, topic:314508"]
I am not sure what the rubrics are, but I clearly remember back in 2005 when my priest said
"Lord, remember your Church throughout the world; make us grow in love, together with the Holy See, our Bishop Nicolas, and all the clergy"

He gave a pause like he didn't know what to say at that point. Or perhaps a symbolic pause. I don't know.

[/quote]

I have some people who probably would know what will happen I just thought I see if this place would know the answer.

Pretty sure they just skip to the bishop.

From my Pastor (who actually is a cannon lawyer)

The formula leaves out all reference to the Pope and is simply "____ our bishop". If you're in the Diocese of Rome where that's the usual formula, it's left out completely.

It is the same when a diocesan seat is empty. The Pope is mentioned, but not the bishop.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.