Eucharistic prayer

So during an interregnum period in the portion of the Eucharistic Prayer what is said for the pope's name? I was deployed in Afghanistan in 2005 and was mighty busy and unable to get to Mass during that time. I watched brief moments of John Paul's funeral so I didn't catch the important parts. Any answers would be appreciated.

[quote="TommyStG27, post:1, topic:313936"]
So during an interregnum period in the portion of the Eucharistic Prayer what is said for the pope's name? I was deployed in Afghanistan in 2005 and was mighty busy and unable to get to Mass during that time. I watched brief moments of John Paul's funeral so I didn't catch the important parts. Any answers would be appreciated.

[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken, the invocation of the Pope is simply skipped at that point; I don't remember the interregnum very well but that would be the thing that makes the most sense; when there isn't a bishop currently governing a diocese that invocation is usually skipped as well.

-ACEGC

[quote="edward_george, post:2, topic:313936"]
If I'm not mistaken, the invocation of the Pope is simply skipped at that point; I don't remember the interregnum very well but that would be the thing that makes the most sense; when there isn't a bishop currently governing a diocese that invocation is usually skipped as well.

-ACEGC

[/quote]

I remember the invocation for the Pope as simply omitted.

Here is an answer by a priest that the portion is omitted.

Priests from several parts of the globe have asked versions of the following question: "During the interregnum, what should be said in the Eucharistic Prayer at the prayer for the Pope?"

Most of the recent manuals don't go into such detail but thankfully old manuals from before the Second Vatican Council can still be found touching on the more arcane aspects of liturgy.

In this case the Pope's name, and the entire phrase referring to the Pope, is omitted from the Eucharistic Prayer during the period of the "Sede Vacante." Mention is made only of the local bishop and the clergy according to the literary form of each prayer.

Similarly, when a diocese is between bishops, the bishop’s name is omitted also.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.