Eucharistic sacralige in your area

I have noticed an increase in sacraligeous acts towards the Blessed Sacrament recently. In the past year we have caught 2 people trying to leave the Church with the Blessed Sacrament without consuming it, I dont know if I just did not notice before or if this goes on more than we know. One was a woman who tryed to put it in her pocket and walked out of the Church, thankfully our Priest stopped distributing communion immediatly and ran after her. He scolded her then made her consume our Lord immediatly.

Several months later I had to run after one guy who while running out the door was wiping the Host all over the Church. When I confronted him he squared off with me and wanted to fight I did not but just told him how disrespectful that was towards our Lord. The Priest then came and thanked me for catching him and gave me a blessing.

I would say be vigilant and since we all do not recieve our Lord on the tongue we can only do our part in protecting against sacralige.

Has this happened in your parish?

I guess some people want to keep it for personal worship. what other reasons for stealing the eucharist?

What do you mean by “Personal worship”

Hello

I heard it somewhere they use the body of Christ for some satanic rites or ritual.

Not known for stealing of the body of Christ as yet, but seen it dropped on the follow.

I am glad that you have an eagle eye when it comes to those sort of things.

God Bless
Saint Andrew.

When I was taking RCIA classes and we were given a tour of the church, the pastor described several incidents of satanic groups breaking into the church and trying to commit sacrilege. Once they tried to steal the tabernacle (unsuccessfully, thank God) and had chiseled away some of the marble on the altar to get it. They have stolen sacred vessels, such as a boat used for incense, and a humeral veil, which the police recovered months later. Hosts have been found thrown out on the grass outside the church, as well as decapitated rabbits dressed up in black.
At one point, the bishop ordered that surveillance cameras should be on all the tabernacles in the diocese. A surveillance camera is mounted high on the wall above the lectern in our church, right outside the sanctuary area. I don’t think any incidents such as described have happened for a few years, but they have happened.

One way to stop this is for reception on the tongue. If one says the tongue is just as unworthy as the hand, I ask, why then complicate the matter !!! dang two body parts to deal with.

One group to watch out for is those that dress to not look like pure satanists. For example the OTO (ordo templi orientalis) these are followers of Aleister Crowley. Also Order of the Golden Dawn. There are many out there and most of them have web sites.

Thank God for the Bishops, Priests and Deacons who are pro-active and protect the Blessed Sacrament. Unfortunatly there are many clergy that do not think these things occur or are to afraid to do anything about it.

Our Priest told us just last week about a woman he chased down the aisle, awhile back, who he saw pocketing The Host.
When he questioned her, turns out she wasn’t even a Catholic and just followed the people in her pew to the front and not knowing what to do, just put It in her pocket.
He used this incident to talk about the actual Body Of Christ and how we are to revere It. He also mentioned the benefit of receiving on the tongue.

Here is a link to the OTO, SCARY!!!oto-usa.org/l15.html See how they mimick the Mass with these blasphemous acts. If you know anyone who is a part of this group help them leave and come to Christ.

[quote=OurLadyOfEfes]Here is a link to the OTO, SCARY!!!oto-usa.org/l15.html See how they mimick the Mass with these blasphemous acts. If you know anyone who is a part of this group help them leave and come to Christ.
[/quote]

I couldn’t get the link to work:( The directorss of an abortion mill in Memphis is a santaria priestess who admitted to a holy priest she has gone to a Catholic Church and taken communion:eek: He had to call the priest there to alert him,she has demonic manifestations she feels is coming from God:eek: :eek: Father could not convince her otherwise,we have to protect our Lord:nope:

**As I said in another thread, God hasn’t kicked our butts yet because…??? This is an outrage. I’ve yet to see this, but if I did, the temptation to have my fist meet that person’s face would be VERY strong!:mad: :crying: :crying: **

Please don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to make a joke here, but when Satanists try to steal the Eucharist, it seems to me like its another affirmation that it is truely the Body of Our Lord. I mean the devil wants it afterall. I remember hearing some story of a Bishop going to perform an exorcism on someone, and when he entered the house, a bunch of knives flew at him. I just laughed, thinking how foolish the demons were as they would have only strengthed the faith of the Bishop and those around him, as well as those who heard the story.

It is true God wins no matter what. :thumbsup:

[quote=OurLadyOfEfes]What do you mean by “Personal worship”
[/quote]

they steal the eucharist and make their own shrines in their homes.

posted by Asking
they steal the eucharist and make their own shrines in their homes.

Really? How can they justify stealing Our Lord? That truly makes no sense to me:nope:

[quote=Asking]they steal the eucharist and make their own shrines in their homes.
[/quote]

Sounds like a good way to get excomunicated!! :mad:

I guess they think, I can have eucharistic adoration in my living room.

[quote=MariaG]Really? How can they justify stealing Our Lord? That truly makes no sense to me:nope:
[/quote]

I think they justify it as an attempt at private Eucharistic Adoration. It is my prayer that they are simply misguided, but with good “hearts for Christ”…

RyanL

[quote=Asking]I guess they think, I can have eucharistic adoration in my living room.
[/quote]

You adore the stolen Jesus:confused: :nope:

When I had RCIA classes in the early 90s to prepare to join the church, one of the priests in charge of the classes told us that the satanists would try to buy the eucharist :eek: and even went as far as putting ads in newspapers!!!:eek: Has anyone heard of this? I had hoped it was some kind of “urban legend”.:confused:

Back in the same timeframe, the priest said during a mass they found some hosts laying around the church including the church bathroom :confused: :crying: and warned that people who receive the Eucharist must consume it then and there.

It may be awkward at first since I am so used to receiving Our Lord on my hand, but if it would put a stop to these kinds of things, I would change to receiving on my tongue.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.