Europe Needs ‘New Blood’: Spain Expects 50,000 Migrants from North Africa

The “old blood” has been contracepting and aborting itself as a society. These are very self-destructive practices.

Europe Needs ‘New Blood’: Spain Expects 50,000 Migrants from North Africa

By Chris Tomlinson 1 Aug 2018 Breitbart News

A new report from Spanish police sources indicate that at least 50,000 sub-Saharan Africans are in Morocco waiting to head to Spain as Spanish Foreign Minister Josep Borrell has claimed Europe needs “new blood”.

The sources say that the migrants, helped by mafia-linked people traffickers who promise them that Spain is a “paradise”, have come through the southern border of Morocco and an increasing number are gathering in the north of the country, Spanish newspaper El Mundo reports. . . .

. . . . Police also note that the migrants are becoming increasingly more violent, citing the recent storming of the Spanish North African enclave of Ceuta last week in which some 800 migrants attacked police with makeshift flamethrowers and other weapons.

Spanish Foreign Minister Josep Borrell has denied that mass migration is taking place in Spain despite the country seeing . . .

. . . "Europe’s demographic evolution shows that unless we want to gradually turn into an ageing continent, we need new blood, and it doesn’t look like this new blood is coming from our capacity to procreate,” he added. . . .

Why in the world would anyone who really wants the news use Breitbart?

I encourage anyone reading this to check with other sources.

Abortion was legalized in Spain only 8 years ago.

While tragic, especially for a Catholic country, it can’t really account for a significant dip in Spanish population.

Why don’t they take on some boatloads of Central Americans instead? AT least most of them speak Spanish.

F_Marturana . . . .

Abortion was legalized in Spain only 8 years ago.

While tragic, especially for a Catholic country, it can’t really account for a significant dip in Spanish population.

But I didn’t say “abortion” per se.

I said “abortion and contraception”.

The “old blood” has been contracepting and aborting itself as a society. These are very self-destructive practices.

And your comment assumes that people in Spain could not go elsewhere to kill their own children. I think that is a false assumption.

What happens when these source countries become more successful and/or less corrupt? As a casual observer there’s an inverse correlation between economic well-being and childbirth. Both micro and macro.

HerCrazierHalf . . .

What happens when these source countries become more successful and/or less corrupt?

I think by “more successful” you are talking about wealth (?).

If these countries choose life, we as a world will be doing great and have much to enjoy from God’s blessings.

But if we choose death, God may punish us by giving us what we want.

And this leads to a form of totalitarianism.

This is from St. Pope John Paul II, The Great. Evangelium Vitae section 20.

. . . This is what is happening also at the level of politics and government: the original and inalienable right to life is questioned or denied on the basis of a parliamentary vote or the will of one part of the people-even if it is the majority.

This is the sinister result of a relativism which reigns unopposed: the “right” ceases to be such, because it is no longer firmly founded on the inviolable dignity of the person, but is made subject to the will of the stronger part.

In this way democracy, contradicting its own principles, effectively moves towards a form of totalitarianism.

The State is no longer the “common home” where all can live together on the basis of principles of fundamental equality, but is transformed into a tyrant State, which arrogates to itself the right to dispose of the life of the weakest and most defenceless members, from the unborn child to the elderly, in the name of a public interest which is really nothing but the interest of one part. . . .

(Some minor formatting changes and bold mine)

http://w2.vatican.va/content/john-paul-ii/en/encyclicals/documents/hf_jp-ii_enc_25031995_evangelium-vitae.html

Yes, I mean wealth. As has been the pattern in the USA, Europe, and Japan, capitalism encourages the individual to have fewer or even no children. Parents literally make major material sacrifices for the greater good of child rearing. There’s almost an incentive against children in the current system.

You mean the ones that would be for the immigration?

This I will grant was and is a real issue in European nations where abortion is heavily restricted or illegal. People from Ireland who could afford to simply travelled to England for an abortion. Until the laws governing abortion are redesigned following the recent Irish referendum they will still do so. The same applies to other European naitons, people simply journey across borders and have abortions. Also, even though widespread access to abortion was in theory only avaialbe in 2010 abortion law had been relaxed for many years previously in Spain and abortions were not uncommon. There were over 100,000 abortions reported in 2006 for example.

No, that’s not at all what I was saying or implying…

I guess it’s possible people could be having smaller families or even forgoing parenthood altogether for reasons unrelated to legal abortion. I once read a research paper on why the fertility rate is so low in Japan, for example, and despite Japan having quite a high abortion rate they cited a number of complex factors such as women getting more education and the fact that the longer a woman postpones having a child the fewer children she will statistically have after having that first child.

Chances are any of the alternative sources one would provide would be…

Oh the irony of Spain being concerned about Moroccans coming to their country.

In other news, The UK is concerned by the alarming number of Iroquois crossing their borders.

Even in China, the preference is now for no more than two children.

In Southeast Asia, population growth had now slowed to almost just at replacement level.

It’s not a preference. They aren’t permitted more than 2.

Even without the restriction, a lot of them said they would not have more than 2.

Now I don’t know if they meant that or if they were afraid of how the government would react.

All these factors definitely play a part as does things like appalling house prices in the UK (and Ireland to for that matter) which make families less than eager to have kids.

A casual observation makers me think that once there was a choice in whether or not to get pregnant things changed. Makes me wonder if many couples in the past desired fewer or no children but they came about as the result of the martial embrace?

In the agrarian past, a lot of hands were needed for work in the fields. So more children were welcomed. They could help out in working the fields and actually contribute to the family income.

But with automation becoming more and more common in society than there seems to be less need for workers and children ceased to be productive members of the family but more dependent members of the family.

Dependent members that consumed resources but did not contribute in return.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.