Evangelical Talks About Pope Prophecies

I was watching T.V. last night and I saw evangelical preacher Perry Stone saying that he recieved a lot of questions from people about Prophecies involving the Pope. He said he has a CD you can buy called “The Pope, The Eagle, and the Iron Sickle” where he supposedly explains it. I decided to go to his website and check it out. I found this summary of it:

perrystone.org/prophecy_update.cfm

Then it talks about the actual CD here:

voe.org/store/store.cfm?CFID=1236714&CFTOKEN=33499133&fxn=detail&pid=CD003

Now, I’m pretty uneducated on this subject, so I was hoping to hear someone on here explain all of this. Is what this guy is saying true or is it all out of context or just plain false? Someone please explain this to me. Thanks!

Perry Stone also sells home communion kits for $39.95, so you figure it out.

I noticed one error he made just skiming over it. He mentions the idea prophecy that one of the last popes would be a Benedictine. He then associates that with Benedict XVI. That is a false match because Benedict XVI is not a Benedictine.

tell them to keep prophesying.

Pio

Thanks guys, and yeah, the home communion kit is pretty funny!

[quote=Greg00]Thanks guys, and yeah, the home communion kit is pretty funny!
[/quote]

Guys my audio on my computer doesn’t work what does the guy say,I have a friend who has gone to Mass with me twice and likes Father Corapi and bought one of the communion kits:nope: I want to be prepared for rediculous prophetic statements:nope: She is starting to understand more about Christs Church,I want to be prepared to defend any nonsense.

You can’t here what he says unless you buy his CD. So I just read a little summary of what the CD says. It is the first link that I posted on my first post here.

[quote=jimmy]I noticed one error he made just skiming over it. He mentions the idea prophecy that one of the last popes would be a Benedictine. He then associates that with Benedict XVI. That is a false match because Benedict XVI is not a Benedictine.
[/quote]

That’s is what I noticed as well. We as Catholics are not forced to believe any private revelation so if you would rather not think about all this, then don’t worry about it.

matt

[quote=Greg00]I was watching T.V. last night and I saw evangelical preacher Perry Stone saying that he recieved a lot of questions from people about Prophecies involving the Pope. He said he has a CD you can buy called “The Pope, The Eagle, and the Iron Sickle” where he supposedly explains it. I decided to go to his website and check it out. I found this summary of it:

perrystone.org/prophecy_update.cfm

Then it talks about the actual CD here:

voe.org/store/store.cfm?CFID=1236714&CFTOKEN=33499133&fxn=detail&pid=CD003

Now, I’m pretty uneducated on this subject, so I was hoping to hear someone on here explain all of this. Is what this guy is saying true or is it all out of context or just plain false? Someone please explain this to me. Thanks!
[/quote]

From the description of the CD:

“This new prophecy CD, just released by Perry Stone, will reveal how Pope John Paul II, Ronald Reagan, and Mikhail Gorbachev were destined to bring down communism. Hear detailed prophecy of St. Malachy and the newly elected 111th Pope, Pope Benedict XVI. Also, hear how a coming Pope will become the False Prophet of Revelation 13:11.
This is an incredible CD message on last day prophecy that you won’t want to miss!”

“Incredible” ? That’s exactly what it is :wink: ##

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.