"Evangelization Training for Catholics"

I found an interesting article online about so-called evangelization training for Catholic (here).

It sounds great, until you get to here:

Student Comments from Previous Classes

“I would highly recommend this course to everyone.”

“It was what I had been looking for.”

“This is a terrific class.”

“Powerful.”

See anything missing? The comments have no sources on them: no student names! This is called forging evidence. It is a common scam trick. If the person who made the article made a note, like, “we couldn’t track down the students who said these things,” that would be at least something credible, but no, there’s nothing there: it’s just the praise. It is a scam.

I called Aimee out on this, and you can read my comment and her reply below the article - or, in these quotes:

Nick said…
It sounded good until I found this:

“I would highly recommend this course to everyone.”

“It was what I had been looking for.”

“This is a terrific class.”

“Powerful.”

Now I doubt this class is good. I want to know who said these things, and when and where they said them if possible. Until I receive such information, I won’t trust this article at all.

aimee said…
Nick, those are comments from written evaluations of the spring class, the last class I taught. The evaluations were overwhelmingly positive, and I chose these comments for the blog post because they are concise representations of the general response.

Honestly, I didn’t get a single negative evaluation. I did get a few suggestions for improvements here and there, which I will do (that’s why I ask students to fill out evaluations, and I use every suggestion I get), mostly that students would like more time for questions and discussions. But that’s to be expected - my classes are really packed with information! And others have told me they don’t mind, because they love the course content and wouldn’t want to miss out on any of it.

My dear friend

Just wanted to say good to see you again. Your playing the watch dog hey. Can I just recommend we be careful judging if we’re not 100% sure? I’m speaking to not just you friend.

God bless you dear friend:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

Hi John! :wave:

Well, if it is a scam, the Archdiocese of Denver is involved. The registration fee will be going to them and the registration is through them. Note on the home page who you contact for registration. The person has an Archdiocese account, not a personal account.

While I agree that is may be fishy to quote praise without source, I think the remainder of the site is on the up and up. It would easily be confirmed by contacting the Archdiocese of Denver as she claims to have sponsorship from them.

When you do a search on the Archdiocese of Denver’s website for Aimee Cooper, you get an article result which appears to support the class. It can be found here. There is also a bulletin release by them that advertises the class.

In summary, this is not a scam, sorry.

God Bless.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.