Even atheists can thank Heaven for the tolerance of the Anglican Church

Read more: timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article6895594.ece

Makes me think of the old adage: If you stand for nothing, then you are quite likely to trip and land on your face. I don’t think discrimination is healthy, but I also think it is good and right that the Catholic Church takes stands on many issues. You can be tolerant without yielding your own point of view. That’s just my two cents.

“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.” ~ Jesus Christ (John 17:20-23)

Amen.

The author’s characterization of the Anglican Church made me really sad. I don’t know if I completely buy the characterization, but I’m sure there’s some truth to it. A friend of mine invited me to attend a service at All Souls Church in London (Marylebone) and it reminded me a lot of an active Presbyterian congregation from America. But my understanding was that the majority of the Anglican churches are much more hollow.

They’re designed like that, otherwise everybody would have to stand outside. :stuck_out_tongue:

/groan :rolleyes:

The times is a left wing rag. If you ever read one of their articles about Christianity you’ll find full of old militant atheist remarks and baseless assumptions. 99% of its readers Are your stero typical atheist who think just by making a lame (often old) joke about christians and professing their atheistism. Some how gives them intellectual prowess over the rest of mankind.

The Times is left wing? Good grief, how far to the right of Genghis Khan are you?

It is one of the most left wing papers i have ever read. I’m sure all t he people who work there are dressed in scarfs clogs and have dirty hair.

Are you sure we’re talking about the same ‘Times’? ‘The Times’ (in this thread) is the most establishment newspaper in the UK.

Yes. Old doesn’t mean right winged

So, it’s the BNP paper for you, then?

I’ve always been a reader of the FT. It’s definitely left of the American Wall Street Journal (e.g., they endorsed Obama in 2008), but they publish conservative columnists regularly. Plus they have a more international focus than the WSJ (WSJ has more pure financial news though, so I read both.)

Naughty, naughty.

GKC

I might have to. Just to get some balance.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.