Even the Maya are getting sick of 2012 hype

MEXICO CITY - Apolinario Chile Pixtun is tired of being bombarded with frantic questions about the Mayan calendar supposedly “running out” on Dec. 21, 2012. After all, it’s not the end of the world.

Or is it?

Definitely not, the Mayan elder insists. “I came back from England last year and, man, they had me fed up with this stuff.”

msnbc.msn.com/id/33261483/ns/technology_and_science-science/

It kills me, no pun intended, that the fate of the world can only persist if the Mayan calendar continues. :o

But most archaeologists, astronomers and Maya Indians say **the only thing likely to hit Earth is a meteor shower of New Age philosophy, pop astronomy, Internet doomsday rumors and TV specials **— such as one on the History Channel that mixes predictions from Nostradamus and the Maya and asks: “Is 2012 the year the cosmic clock finally winds down to zero days, zero hope?”

:rotfl:

I think I’ll plan a cruise for the week following the “end of the world.” My wife and I were fortunate enough to be on a millenium cruise and the ship was nice and roomy since people thought every computer, engine and power source would seize up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ooooo…can you imagine how cheap airfare will be the week after?..

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.