Has anyone met an Evangelical Protestant that said they weren’t saved?:shrug:
From what I understand of the born again and OSAS doctrines is there are variations and these are some to my understanding.
Being born again
- Repenting ones sins to God and Accepting and proclaiming Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and establishing a personal relationship with him.
- Having sort of a mental break down and falling down on your knees crying sobbing hysterically and repenting then accepting and proclaiming Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and establishing a relationship with him. According to some if you don’t have this emotional experience you were never born again.
- Basically 1 and 2 plus rejecting organized religion or any Denomination and only following the Bible.
- Accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior thus saving your soul. Once Saved always saved and no sin can separate you from God or take away your inheritance from the kingdom of heaven.
- The Same thing as 1 accept it is encouraged you repent your sins to God immediately but they still can not Damn you to Hell.
- Once Saved always saved same as 1 accept if you sinned after being save you were never saved to begin with and were never truly justified to begin with in order to receive salvation.
Now just concentrating on literal Calvinist.
I once met a Janitor who at a Presbyterian church I was guarding the parking lock for who told me as I was having a conversation about getting back on the wagon with my faith that if I had sinned after being saved I wasn’t saved in the first place and that if you sin after you are saved you aren’t saved and were never justified to begin with.
I sincerely question his own slate consider sure you can not “Sin” after being saved but isn’t condemning other people to Hellfire being judgmental and therefore taking on the place of God supreme impartial Judge? Doesn’t that also fall under pride?
Not Judging others is the 2nd of Christ most important Commandments after Love your God above all else.
So this guy basically told me I’m not saved and I am sure he has told other people and perhaps his Pastor has as or maybe not maybe it was just him.
Either way I am sure some churches do tell their members they are not saved and my question is if someone point’s out you have sinned or you recognize you have sinned after being saved and your not saved or justified then what?
If a person isn’t Saved what do you do then?
Do you give up and buy the farm or do every sinful evil thing you have ever desired?
Do you just stop going to Church do you use the Bible as a paper weight from then on there.
Do you switch Churches?
Has anyone known a Christian who said they were not Saved or Justified and how do they handle their life how does that effect their faith? Do they just keep trying to be good Christians even though no matter how chaste a life they live or even if they reached a permanent state Grace they are still going to hell?
Do they just give up on life?
This was my original thread here but I think maybe I should have placed it here to begin with.