Ever so distraught you cannot pray?

My son is in need of prayers. Today he is in court dissolving an invalid marriage. Though it is, in the Church’s eyes not a marriage, he’s still Catholic in his heart & he has done everything he could to save the marriage. His wife is from a WEALTHY family & the whole thing has gotten so ugly. Please pray for him, as I can’t seem to pray anything but desparate prayers. I couldn’t read my morning prayers today. All I seem to be able to do is to say over & over again, "Please help him, God.

Praying hard for your son to find peace and happiness.

First let me say that you are now praying the most frevent and important from of prayer. Simple, heartfelt and to the point, leaving things in God’s hands. I commned you.

Yes I have been in such a situation, All I could say to God was, “Please God just don’t let Go of Me”. I was hanging on by a thread.

may God, Hear your prayers and Hold Both you and your son in His protective hands. May he also soften the hearts of others in need of His mercy.

In Christ’s name

Amen

Peace
James

Praying for your intentions …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

[quote=JRKH;5795737**]First let me say that you are now praying the most frevent and important from of prayer. Simple, heartfelt and to the point, leaving things in God’s hands. I commned you.
[/quote]

Yes I have been in such a situation, All I could say to God was, “Please God just don’t let Go of Me”. I was hanging on by a thread.

may God, Hear your prayers and Hold Both you and your son in His protective hands. May he also soften the hearts of others in need of His mercy.

In Christ’s name

Amen

Peace
James

Thank you so much for that. I sat down to read my morning devotions & I just couldn’t keep my mind on them. I couldn’t meditate. That frightened me. My son so needed the prayers today. You don’t know how much I’m appreciate YOUR prayers, too.

Lord, I pray that CradleCath and her son will just let go and let you do your work in this situation. Grant them confidence in your merciful love and grant them surrender to your merciful love. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Thank you all so much. The day is over, as is the marriage. So far, we are doing O.K. & the court battle held no new surprises. I could have sworn that they’d throw a new obstacle in the way, here at the last minute, but it didn’t happen. I have faith that God will start the healing process now. Thank you ALL, again. I’m totally exhausted now, but I think I’ll be able to go back to the daily prayers I say tomorrow, some I read from my missal & some I write myself. They are like love letters to God & rest assured, I’ll ask Him to especially bless those of you who answered my plea for prayers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.