‘Every Praise’: Kidnapper Releases 10-Year-Old Who Won’t Stop Singing Gospel Song

Fox News:

**‘Every Praise’: Kidnapper Releases 10-Year-Old Who Won’t Stop Singing Gospel Song **

A gospel song saved a 10-year-old Atlanta boy from his kidnapper. Willie Myrick said he was in his front yard and bent down to pick up money when somebody grabbed him and threw him in a car. “He told me he didn’t want to hear a word from me,” Myrick said. That’s when Myrick began to sing a gospel song called “Every Praise.” The kidnapper started cursing and repeatedly told Myrick to shut up, but he wouldn’t. He sang the song for about three hours until the kidnapper let him out of the car.
The little boy ran to a nearby home and asked the resident to call his guardian.
Myrick recently got to meet “Every Praise” gospel singer Hezekiah Walker, and they sang the song together.
Police don’t have any leads on the suspect, but are hoping a sketch they released will generate tips.

I think I would have let the kid go after one hour.

:):):slight_smile:
I love reading news like this.

What a dear little soul that little boy is. How smart he was, to figure out what to do. God bless him. :slight_smile:

Our teens LOVES that song!
We tend to sing it at youth parties. It’s a pretty catchy tune, and so well done.

youtube.com/watch?v=UuuZMg6NVeA

Amazing!
Well, there is still somnething good in that guys heart, and for sure an interventionfrom the boys guardian angel found in that heart an echo. May God help him to change his life. The guy could have easily tie the boys mouth such he couldn’t say a word, no?

Or he could have killed him.

(That’s actually a pretty common folktale motif in the Middle Ages - pious kid sings hymns all the time, pious kid gets murdered, pious kid’s head keeps singing until the family finds the body.)

So obviously the kidnapper was not as bad as he could have been, and hopefully this “Ransom of Red Chief” situation will make him amend his life and do better.

This reminds me of the short story by O Henry called Ransom of the Red Chief. A little red headed boy that turned out to be so pesky his captors’ pled with his parents to take him back!:stuck_out_tongue:

:):D:thumbsup::yup::clapping::bounce: Praise God!

Thanks, I’ll have to look that one up. I love O. Henry.

This shows that Christianity can defeat evil.

That’s awesome! I’m glad he’s okay. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.