Eviction...

Please pray my dad gets a loan from the bank today so we can pay this months rent. Our landlord is so mean and wont give us extra time to pay it. He said if we don’t have it he’s evicting us and we have no where to go. Thanks.

[quote="hiccups, post:1, topic:299739"]
Please pray my dad gets a loan from the bank today so we can pay this months rent. Our landlord is so mean and wont give us extra time to pay it. He said if we don't have it he's evicting us and we have no where to go. Thanks.

[/quote]

You Got IT !!!!!

Praying so hard for you!! Please know that our God will provide! His provisions are not always in line with what we want, but if we surrender fully to His will we can’t and won’t be let down.

[quote="hiccups, post:1, topic:299739"]
Please pray my dad gets a loan from the bank today so we can pay this months rent. Our landlord is so mean and wont give us extra time to pay it. He said if we don't have it he's evicting us and we have no where to go. Thanks.

[/quote]

Pain all over. We are praying.

Is your Dad out of work? What about public housing, sounds like you might qualify for rental assistance? Food stamps, can give your Dad a cushion? Can you get a little job - washing dishes, cleaning, cooking? :shrug:

Praying very hard.

I've been there and I can only pray that you get the help you need.

My dad has a job but its not as great of a job he had. He had to take a major pay cut and that really was bad. Also my moms waiting for her social security. I take care of my mom…shes disabled. I did used to work at my church as a cook/house cleaner/ secretary but we got a new Pastor after my former Pastor died and he let me go. We already get food stamps and no one else will give us help because they say my dad “makes too much money”. Which I don’t see how he does when we can hardly make the bills as it is. Things are just getting really hard and I keep praying and praying and it’s like nothing happens. I wonder what God’s plan is…because as of right now we could be homeless.

I will be praying for you!

Just came back…he was declined :frowning:

Praying for you and your family's situation!

P.S.: Since the loan did not work out, has your family tried contacting the local Catholic churches for assistance?

[quote="mfrances, post:9, topic:299739"]
Praying for you and your family's situation!

P.S.: Since the loan did not work out, has your family tried contacting the local Catholic churches for assistance?

[/quote]

The Catholic churches here are no longer allowed to give out money to people. When I worked at the church everyone would come to the door and asking for money and we'd give it to them only for them to come back the next day for more money. Most them spent it in beer or drugs so the Bishop made a rule that we can only give people food assistance. I don't know if its still like that now but when I worked there last it that was the one thing I was told to start doing that.

Other good news is my mom called her lawyer and they said give it a week for the decision to be made and they will call her in a week. Shes been trying to get SSDI for 4 years and from what the lawyer said she won her case they just aren't sure what year they want to give her back pay from. But I pray that it's a good sign that her money will be released soon.

Praying for you and your family also. (((Hugs upon hugs))) Please keep us updated.

I pray that God touches the heart of your landlord and gives you the chance to pay at a later date. May he be compassionate and understanding and merciful towards you and your family. I pray for a financial blessing for your family. May you be able to find gainful employment. May your mother's social security arrive soon. And I pray that your dad is blessed with the needed financial assistance. Amen.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end Amen

Really good news! Perhaps your landlord will give you a little more time now. Be sure to explain that it is just a matter of time until you will have the money. In any case, contact Catholic Charities, in person if possible, and explain your situation. If they can’t extend a small loan, perhaps they can give you other help. :shrug:

[quote="Linusthe2nd, post:14, topic:299739"]
Really good news! Perhaps your landlord will give you a little more time now. Be sure to explain that it is just a matter of time until you will have the money. In any case, contact Catholic Charities, in person if possible, and explain your situation. If they can't extend a small loan, perhaps they can give you other help. :shrug:

[/quote]

P.S. If the landlord proves unreasonable, fight it. In most states eviction can be challanged and the process can give the victim needed time. :shrug:

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.