Evil Bible

A workmate pointed out a site called evilbible.com. She was happy to show me all the ‘cruelties’ in the Bible, especially in the OT.

Is anyone aware of a good argument for me to come back with?

I know that historically people were so convinced that the God in the OT was so different from God in the NT that they believed there were in fact two different gods. These dualists usually believed that the OT GOd is cruel and mean.

Slow revelation of the truth.

Unfolding to us as a gift.

Read it and then respond to that person.

Its amazing.

God can not be on trial here.

Or can he?

Ask that one.

Hi Montalban

I came across the website before and was rather shocked about some of the stuff written inside. There is only one almighty God we served. During the OT period God was more tangible and he wanted mankind to know he exist and he can be angry to those who does not believe in him and wait to punish those who do bad things!! God is not cruel and mean, he was too upset to punish
his creation because they fail to see their doing was wrong. During NT God is never quiet, he is in heaven looking down at us and on our doing because everyone one of us by now know that during the OT God can be angry to those who do bad things. Since we learn the truth in OT, he give us more his grace and mercy to repent and not to repeat what the early pple have done in OT. That is why he send his begotten son Jesus to us, for he does not want us to be the kind of pple living in the OT Anyway this is only my thinking!!!

You can probably answer some of the questions yourself. I’ve found some of their supposed contradictions are easily refuted.

Right here at Catholic Answers is probably one of the best places you can ask questions and get answers. But you might want to check out here for a wide range of answers.

I bookmarked this!

Thanks!:slight_smile:

Its amazing how we dont have to re-invent the wheel here, and can get a lot of information from people here that really care and do their homework.
Thanks again!

Indeed, thanks for the answers.

The only answer I had/have was that the things that happen in the OT are not ‘ideal’ for instance David has many wives, but Adam was with one wife, and so are we. God seemed to have been willing to let them get away with more.

If the laws were for all time, we’d still not eat pork

I’d only been made aware of this site on Friday, and was just now having a look at it. They have a debate form, and just skimming through it, they’re quite rude to Christians.

Explain to me how Jesus picked Judas if you have issues here?

And thank you.

I’ve found a lot of wisdom in the pages here at Catholic Answers. I am constantly amazed at the richness and depth of Catholic teachings over and over again here-- and I mostly hang around the non-Catholic part at that.

I don’t know what you mean.

On the issue of that Catholic web-site recommended…
bringyou.to/apologetics/links.htm

I find it commendable that they link non-Catholic web-sites. Even this site lets me a non-Catholic debate the RC Church

You know you should not be corresponding with persons you can not even share your hope with.
Why are you putting yourself in this situation?
Know your own faith first-
THen Battle!!!

You dont KNOW what I mean?

Oh my.

Why not spread it to the converts like me and others who never get it from their parish?:slight_smile:

That’s right. I don’t. Hence I used the words “I don’t know what you mean”:cool:

I will respond in no particular order…

I will never fully know my own faith.

To an extent one can’t know what they don’t know, so not knowing the answer didn’t crop up till the question arose in the first place… I don’t spend my life testing myself with questions I’ve never thought of to see if I’ve not got the answer. However, that’s why it’s good to be on debate sites, because there’s always bound to be someone who asks a question or has a view you’ve not considered before. The first step to wisdom is to realise how little you know.

I talk to everyone I meet that wishes to talk to me. Even, to an extent, homeless mad people on the train :cool: (they seem to gravitate towards me anyway)

Montalban-

You dont fool me.

You are not giving yourself credit here, fine.

Pretend all you want.

I have seen your posts. Are you kidding me? Is this a joke?

I’ll look into this one further.

[quote=Montalban]If the laws were for all time, we’d still not eat pork
[/quote]

Jesus fulfills the Jewish identity for all of us.

For example, we no longer have to be circumcized specifically because Jesus was circumcised on our behalf. Furthermore, it’s a circumcision of the Spirit that matters. The circumcision is not done with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ – having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through our faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.

This doesn’t mean that someone can’t become circumcised if they want to. Only that nothing salvific is associated with it.

The same is true with the dietary laws-- Christ fulfilled them for us too.

[quote=Montalban]I’d only been made aware of this site on Friday, and was just now having a look at it. They have a debate form, and just skimming through it, they’re quite rude to Christians.
[/quote]

Me personally, I wouldn’t hang around there if I were you.

Stick around with people who are dedicated to building up your faith and not destroying it.

Just saying. :slight_smile:

This thread title makes me so sad.

Montalban,

You will be fine.

You love God and you wont have to worry over this.

The Holy Spirit will guide you if you seek.

Pray.

Why? :confused:

Edit: nevermind; I though you said this ‘thread’ makes you so sad. My bad. It’s late. :o

Montalban,

You will be fine.

You love God and you wont have to worry over this.

The Holy Spirit will guide you if you seek.

Pray.

I agree. :slight_smile:

Love to you Mr Ex nillo.

Good night, and my prayers.

usually Atheists love this site because it shows them that they did not reject faith for no reason. The quotes are always out of context. The Bible is not a quote or an incident. The bible is the HISTORY of salvation with all it’s good and bad things.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.