Evil teachings of the Catholic Church

According to WHOM? YOU?? Society?

Just show me one place where God said, “Oh, and BTW, all women are second class children, not as good as those men”. . .

Second class my revered Aunt Fanny.

God doesn’t have a CASTE SYSTEM.
[/quote]

I think this gets to the root of the problem. It certainly seems like a cast system.

[quote=Maranatha]So being a women is automatically second class child of God. Sort of like a disability or homosexual tendencies? It’s an automatic extra cross to carry?
[/quote]

Men and women are equal in dignity. The Church has taught women experience the pain of childbirth as a result of the fall. That is the extra cross to carry.

**369 **Man and woman have been created, which is to say, *willed *by God: on the one hand, in perfect equality as human persons; on the other, in their respective beings as man and woman. “Being man” or “being woman” is a reality which is good and willed by God: man and woman possess an inalienable dignity which comes to them immediately from God their Creator. Man and woman are both with one and the same dignity “in the image of God”. In their “being-man” and “being-woman”, they reflect the Creator’s wisdom and goodness.

[quote=Maranatha]I think this gets to the root of the problem. It certainly seems like a cast system.
[/quote]

I think it’s important that we don’t mistake what’s going on by looking at the world only in terms of our current culture. Our current culture is attempting to diminish women by denying that which makes us different as having intrinsic value. In the 60’s and 70’s there was a great hue and cry for “equality” focusing on male dominant areas of society, most especially with regards to work, pay and promotion. Little was done to protect those areas of our lives that have been traditionally female.

As a result, woman who finish college and get started in lucrative careers, often have difficulty with their spouses if they desire to stay at home to raise their children. Many men have bought into the lie that for their wives to be “adult” means for them to leave the home and bring in a paycheck.

We spoke of choices, allowing women to live the lives they felt called to and yet there was nothing done to protect what was ours to begin with, the assurance that while we raised our children in secure homes that we had a husband who understood his role as provider.

I think it’s important that we accept the beauty of the world as God has given it to us.

Oh, by the way, I have no problem with women who chose to, or have to work while raising their children. Or even women who have not children to raise, for whatever reason. God has his plan for each of us, and it is our responsibility to follow it to the best of our ability. I also think that we should be paid fairly for our effort and our contributions. So, I do not begrudge much of the work that has been done to protect women in the work place.

But I am sad that we’ve lost so much that had been in place to protect the woman who understands her particular role to be wife and mother.

God Bless,

CARose

We were all made in God’s image…we are His and meant to return to Him in heaven. Keep your eye on the important goal of living a life that will lead you back home. Stop complaining about the life God gave you…it is a gift.

Man or woman we are asked to die to ourselves, surrender ourselves in Christ. JPII’s entire life was lived for God’s glory and to return to Him for eternity. We should all learn from the beautiful example he left us.

I think this gets to the root of the problem. It certainly seems like a caste system.

Whatever it may seem like, it isn’t.

As another poster mentioned, just because current Western society has a bee in its bonnet that women are somehow “second class” if they don’t do every single role that a man does, doesn’t mean that they are either right (women were never second class to begin with), or that the current emphasis is unchangeable, being both correct now, in future, AND retroactively.

Come to think of it, what’s up with God making humans second class? We are told in the Bible that humanity was made “a little lower than the angels”.

Hmphf. I’m going to complain. What can some angel do that I can’t–and why did God make people second class children compared with angels? It’s not fair, it’s not fair.

Imagine. Gee, if were God, I sure wouldn’t go around creating the way HE did. Imagine making one group “higher” (angels) than another (humanity). Imagine making one group “male” and another “female”. Worst of all, imagine making a group of people with “free will” that meant that some of them might choose to sin and lose heaven.

How unfair! How unkind! How undemocratic!

1. This is a trickey one, but i believe only Jesus has the authority to do so, and if he does, I’m all for it:thumbsup: .

2. This one is simple; I believe mother Theresa said it best, “Hate the sin, but love the sinner”.:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.