EWTN--- does it still run Fulton Sheen?

Title says it all. I'm in North America, in Kansas. I did look at some of the online schedules (briefly-- may not have looked hard enough) and couldn't find it, but I wasn't sure if maybe I was missing something, or if it was listed under something different. (EWTN Classics or somerthing??)

If anyone knows, please let me know! TIA! :)

I hope so! I loved to watch his shows.

Yes, they do still show Life is Worth Living by Bishop Fulton Sheen. Its on Saturdays at 6pm Eastern time. Its the only good thing that they are showing now.

[quote="rapunzel77, post:3, topic:229852"]
Yes, they do still show Life is Worth Living by Bishop Fulton Sheen. Its on Saturdays at 6pm Eastern time. Its the only good thing that they are showing now.

[/quote]

I REALLY have to DISAGREE! EWTN always runs shows that are so amazing and it would seem that it gets better with each season. I have seen some episodes of Life is Worth Living and no doubt that it is an amazing show. Although all the shows shown on EWTN have so much rich materical that just shows how the Catholic Faith is so beautiful.

I can remember as a little kid in the early 60’s, going to my Grandmother’s house and she would be watching Bishop Sheen. What a great preacher he was! I have listened to many of his shows as an adult and find his talks so inspiring.

So glad to hear he’s still on, although Saturday nights for ONE SLOT is kind of disappointing.

[quote="Art321, post:4, topic:229852"]
I REALLY have to DISAGREE! EWTN always runs shows that are so amazing and it would seem that it gets better with each season. I have seen some episodes of Life is Worth Living and no doubt that it is an amazing show. Although all the shows shown on EWTN have so much rich materical that just shows how the Catholic Faith is so beautiful.

[/quote]

I have to disagree with you here. Most of the programming is 8-10 years old and when they do have anything new on, it is a rehash of some of the same stuff they put on before. As for as their live shows, they have become worse, especially World Over Live. I tuned in not to long ago to see what they would say about what is going on in Egypt and other parts of the Middle East. Instead, I was "treated" to a taped interview with #1 fan and cheerleader for JPII (George Weigel). Then the next week, according to a friend of mine, he tuned in to see if they were talking about the unrest in the Middle East but instead, they were talking about how wonderful Reagan was! Ugh, can't they show anything that might be relevant to the current situation?? EWTN could be much more but it isn't. The topics are very few. What about more programs on Catholic Culture, liturgy, etc? I got very tired of their programming which is why I don't watch anymore, except for Bishop Sheen.

I'm not sure it's official, but there is a Youtube channel:

youtube.com/user/FultonJSheen

[quote="rapunzel77, post:7, topic:229852"]
I have to disagree with you here. Most of the programming is 8-10 years old and when they do have anything new on, it is a rehash of some of the same stuff they put on before. As for as their live shows, they have become worse, especially World Over Live. I tuned in not to long ago to see what they would say about what is going on in Egypt and other parts of the Middle East. Instead, I was "treated" to a taped interview with #1 fan and cheerleader for JPII (George Weigel). Then the next week, according to a friend of mine, he tuned in to see if they were talking about the unrest in the Middle East but instead, they were talking about how wonderful Reagan was! Ugh, can't they show anything that might be relevant to the current situation?? EWTN could be much more but it isn't. The topics are very few. What about more programs on Catholic Culture, liturgy, etc? I got very tired of their programming which is why I don't watch anymore, except for Bishop Sheen.

[/quote]

I guess we both disagree. I have never found thist to be the case at all. I find EWTN to be completely wonderful and hoping whatever changes take place will be for the better in showing the beauty of the faith.

EWTN is a miracle. I watch it all the time, and record a number of programs to re-watch. The Masses are great; the sermons very relevant. The mainstream managed media can't compete in any meaningful way, unless perhaps you like to watch the weather channel. What else is on TV? Just bread and circuses for the most part.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.