EWTN in HD?

While staying with my parents indefinitely, I’ve come to LOVE the high definition TV service they have.

It made me wonder, are there any plans for EWTN to go high definition? Some of the programs they have would look great with a sharper picture. And as more and more TV stations go High Def, surely EWTN will follow suit at some point.

Anyone have any idea when this might happen?

It’s not as easy as it sounds, and it will cost several million dollars in equipment upgrades, as well as testing and transition. Perhaps if someone with the means could put the fuel in the tank, it’s possible. But, I think EWTN has bigger priorities than overhauling their transmissions. The optimal time would be to change over at a time when new equipment would need to replace the existing anyways. Who knows when that will be.

Please contribute to EWTN as the economic downturn has hurt their ministry.

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

For some of us, this might be another EWTN our cable outfit refuses to carry…

multichannel.com/article/365792-EWTN_Plans_HD_Launch_In_December.php

My guess is that they’ll only go HD when standard def becomes antiquated (i.e. like black and white broadcasts)

Suddenlink (based in Dallas) has the english EWTN as part of the extended basic package. (the second cheapest after just the local channels), and I’m glad I can watch it at my apartment. My parents have AT&T, and they have both the English and Spanish EWTN. I watch both (I’m majoring in Spanish in order to help bolster the Church in Latin America)

EWTN is great. I’d like see it in HD.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.