EWTN: Kevin O'Brien plays the part of St. Paul

Did anyone else hear this on *The Journey Home * tonight? I only heard the last 5 or 10 minutes on the radio and was brought to tears by the closing.

It’s repeating early morning tomorrow and again July 1 and 4.

No, but I usually record it and then watch The Journey Home sometime the next day. I wondered what that episode would be like. I guess I’ll find out today!

God Bless,
Snert

I didn’t have time to watch the whole thing, but I thought it was very interesting, especially when the callers called in…

I will have to watch it again…

You can watch the archive from EWTN website anytime until the next show and that would be the following Monday.

I saw the last 5-10 minutes of it, too. I wonder if it was all “EWTN callers” for this one - the last caller (the one who called him a hypocrite) sounded kind of rehearsed in a educational skit sort of sense. :slight_smile:

Can you put up the link for where that is?

I turned in the TV program yesterday and the first 5 or so minutes were exactly what I’d heard during the final minutes on Sunday on the radio. The show went to break at like 11:10 and then some other show started. It was weird.

(The short part I heard I did assume the callers were part of the planned program, scripted.)

• Marylouise

I watched it yesterday as I didn’t have time all week to watch it. It seems to be a rebroadcast of last year, because Marcus said at the beginning that they are celebrating the Year of Saint Paul from June 2008 until June 2009. But I’ve been watching the Journey Home since the late 1990’s, so I can’t believe I missed it last year. :eek:

It was actually quite good, even though the mustache was a little too cartoon-ish! :wink:

Kevin O’Brien’s acting was quite good and the Biblical answers taught me a lot because of the context he was explaining things in. I think it’s a must-see for all Catholics.

ewtn.com/journeyhome/index.asp

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and it’s in Windows Media Format and says "Watch The Journey Home ".

I caught part of it…I thought he did a really good job. Yes, the phone calls were obviously scripted…but since he had to stay “in character” with his responses, I can understand why he’d want to be prepared.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.