EWTN newsletter

For those that don't get it in the mail, they came out with a new newsletter. From now on they are going to highlight things "behind the wall" give you a short visit with a sister which is nice.
olamshrine.com/newsletter/Summer%202011.pdf

It is a great newsletter :cool:

You can get it delivered to your home if you’d like. I get theirs and the desertnuns.com newsletter which is full of activity. (they are an offshoot of EWTN’s nuns) I could save the paper just reading it online, but I like to leave it at church or a doctor’s office, things like that.

I signed up for the OLAM newsletter when I was down there at the Shrine of the Blessed Sacrament in 2005. It’s very interesting reading about the nuns and the life they lead.

I also get the one from the PCPAs who moved from Ohio to North Carolina. The ‘re-founders’ came from Hanceville, too.

Just to make everyone aware: The Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Hanceville, AL & the EWTN Network in Birmingham, AL are two separate entities. Once Mother Angelica turned the network over to the laity, she separated herself from it. The other Nuns have nothing to do w/the network.

[quote="HOLYHEARTS, post:5, topic:249251"]
Just to make everyone aware: The Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Hanceville, AL & the EWTN Network in Birmingham, AL are two separate entities. Once Mother Angelica turned the network over to the laity, she separated herself from it. The other Nuns have nothing to do w/the network.

[/quote]

So who are the nuns on the different shows on EWTN?

There are Domincan nuns (Sisters of Mary of the Eucharist) and it’s Mother Angelica’s nuns at mass and during the rosary. They also make appearances on occasion (at least the extern nuns) on certain shows or events.
I also get a newsletter from the nuns in Ohio, just the “Texas nuns” that left like the “desert nuns” in AZ I don’t think have a newsletter yet. It’s nice to hear that there isnt any room at the convent so they had to expand. : )
texasnuns.com/

www.desertnuns.com

[quote="debraran, post:7, topic:249251"]
There are Domincan nuns (Sisters of Mary of the Eucharist) and it's Mother Angelica's nuns at mass and during the rosary. They also make appearances on occasion (at least the extern nuns) on certain shows or events.
I also get a newsletter from the nuns in Ohio, just the "Texas nuns" that left like the "desert nuns" in AZ I don't think have a newsletter yet. It's nice to hear that there isnt any room at the convent so they had to expand. : )
texasnuns.com/

www.desertnuns.com

[/quote]

Yes, the North Carolina nuns (who used to be in Ohio) have a newsletter. I get it now, in addition to the one in Alabama. You can find their link on the Institute for Religious Life website.

Thanks, I'll look into that. I can't believe how much the Arizona nuns from Hanceville have grown..they are building a new monastery and retreat house and chapel...so nice. I bought a "brick" in honor of by dad but I don't think I'll ever get over from CT to see it.

To balance out the bad news and bills, I get those newsletters and Fr. Groechel's order sends one around Christmas time. The Dominican nuns on EWTN also have one and since they are growing so much, so many postulants, it's nice to check in there also.

Sometimes you need to remind yourself good that is being done because TV and Internet mainly bring the worst.

[quote="debraran, post:9, topic:249251"]
Thanks, I'll look into that. I can't believe how much the Arizona nuns from Hanceville have grown..they are building a new monastery and retreat house and chapel...so nice. I bought a "brick" in honor of by dad but I don't think I'll ever get over from CT to see it.

To balance out the bad news and bills, I get those newsletters and Fr. Groechel's order sends one around Christmas time. The Dominican nuns on EWTN also have one and since they are growing so much, so many postulants, it's nice to check in there also.

Sometimes you need to remind yourself good that is being done because TV and Internet mainly bring the worst.

[/quote]

Just so you know-the Arizona nuns don't have a monastery yet-only the chapel, which was dedicated a couple of months ago. They live in one of the two temporary buildings on their property.

One is called 'Angelica House' in honor of Mother Angelica. The other one, which priests use if they want to make a retreat, is called 'Karol House', in honor of Blessed John Paul II.

They're still raising funds to build their monastery proper. That's why they have their 'Nun Run'.

I know, but thank you, I was a "shadow runner" the last 2 years, just wore the tee shirt to bed last night, it was an XL but nice and comfy in this heat.
I am just amazed how fast it started coming together (but probably not for them) once they started. It will be a nice retreat for many I hope and with more room, hopefully more vocations.

[quote="debraran, post:11, topic:249251"]
I know, but thank you, I was a "shadow runner" the last 2 years, just wore the tee shirt to bed last night, it was an XL but nice and comfy in this heat.
I am just amazed how fast it started coming together (but probably not for them) once they started. It will be a nice retreat for many I hope and with more room, hopefully more vocations.

[/quote]

I agree. The nuns have progressed a lot since they moved to Arizona.

Hard to believe they already have a chapel! I was able to watch the dedication of it in May on EWTN's YouTube channel.

I'll have to look and see if I can find that..I saw some of their site, but sometimes it's so busy with the blog, building blog, my slight "ADD" brain gets overloaded (but I nice overload)

I don't know how they take the heat in their habit but they are a beautiful witness and their neighbors are lucky.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.