EWTN---What is he SAYING?

Okay, for those of you who are EWTN addicts, you’ll know what I’m talking about.

In the intermissions/commercials or right before a show comes on, somtimes this big globe graphic and EWTN icon will start spinning around with Stained glass window icons in the background. And then sometimes (EWTN has a lot of versions of this animation) there’s this voice saying something like “Pon- journey…[mumbles; I don’t understand]…” It must be Latin or something. But it really bugs me, because I can’t tell what he’s saying.

I’ve been watching EWTN for 2 full years, about 10+ hours a week, and I don’t know what this guy is saying.

So please tell me if you know. It sounds like he’s saying “PON JOURNEY” and then some other things.

:p:p:p

THANKS.

I thought it was "SHARING THE SPLENDOUR OF TRUTH"— are you talking about another bit??

No, not that. It sounds like Latin or something. I think its when they do the longer animations, with various videos popping up everywhere before the globe icon appears. Thanks though

Note: when I said it sounds like he starts out saying “Pon journey,” I don’t mean he’s actually saying the words “Pon” (if that is a word) and “journey.” It just SOUNDS like it. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I think you mean "Pange lingua gloriosi". Is it singing you hear?

[quote="Catholic1954, post:5, topic:197635"]

[/quote]

I do believe that's what he's talking about. It has become EWTN's "signature" chant! :p

Sounds like it could be. What does it mean?
Thanks!

“Sing, my tongue, the Saviour’s glory,”

Full text here.

:thumbsup:

Awesome.

Yep! Also, here is a link to a recording of the chant itself home.snu.edu/~bballweg/pange/index.htm

The "Pange Lingua" is traditionally the chant used during the solemn procession and transition of the Sacred Host from the altar to the Altar of Repose after Mass on Holy Thursday. The last two verses are usually sung at Benediction as the hymn "Tantum Ergo."

[quote="Catholic1954, post:5, topic:197635"]

[/quote]

Thats exactly what is being sung. I too had trouble figuring out what was being said.

Every time I hear that, I always reply "Corporis mysterium..." :)

The words that they are singing are, "Pange Lingua Gloriosi."

That's for that info!

OP: I, too, didn't know what they were saying, and also thought it sounded like "Pon Journey" something (which always made me think of "The Journey Home"!).

In Christ,

Ellen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.