Ex-CNN Producer: Jim Acosta Gives Journalists ‘Bad Name’ with MD Shooting Antics

Who is blaming the shooting on Trump?

0 Likes

So you fully vetted the list in under 10 minutes?

0 Likes

So you’re trying to defend the position he’s not prone to lies, but you at the same time acknowledge that you selectively ignore significant portions of his public communication that you find unpalatable? Isn’t there something of a disconnect in those two things?

0 Likes

I find this statement to be proof of the success of Trump’s attempts to smear the media, who are truthfully reporting on what Trump says and does.

The President lies or deceives around five or six times every day. CNN and MSNBC simply report on that. They are not lying.

A lie would be saying that Trump said something he didn’t say or signed a bill he didn’t sign or travelled to someplace he didn’t travel to.

2 Likes

link
Jun 30, 2018 02:17:42 PM I never pushed the Republicans in the House to vote for the Immigration Bill, either GOODLATTE 1 or 2, because it could never have gotten enough Democrats as long as there is the 60 vote threshold. I released many prior to the vote knowing we need more Republicans to win in Nov. [Twitter for iPhone]

Jun 27, 2018 07:39:56 AM HOUSE REPUBLICANS SHOULD PASS THE STRONG BUT FAIR IMMIGRATION BILL, KNOWN AS GOODLATTE II, IN THEIR AFTERNOON VOTE TODAY, EVEN THOUGH THE DEMS WON’T LET IT PASS IN THE SENATE. PASSAGE WILL SHOW THAT WE WANT STRONG BORDERS & SECURITY WHILE THE DEMS WANT OPEN BORDERS = CRIME. WIN! [Twitter for iPhone]

Did he forget the all caps tweet?

0 Likes

PaulinVA . . .

the American people should not trust the news coming from CNN & MSNBC

I find this statement to be proof of the success of Trump’s attempts to smear the media . . .

PaulinVA. You are talking a lot about “truth” and “lies” here.

Do you REALLY think that people like myself have seen CNN as discredited BECAUSE of President Trump?

Here I am matter of factly mentioning CNN as the cr****y news network long before Donald Trump was president.

This was BEFORE “Trump” was President!

Maybe “Trump” mezmerized the people BEFORE he became President.

In the 1990’s when some of my collegues and I were talking about how untrustworthy the media is (including CNN) . . .

. . . who would have thought we all just fell under the spell of some NY businessman Democrat named Donald Trump!?

And here we THOUGHT CNN was unreliable.

But it was really “Trump” all the time.

You know PaulinVA. For a guy worried about “truth”, I am not saying you are lying, I am not even saying you are naive. (I have no idea why you would make such a false statement)

But I DO know, you are wrong when you say . . .

the American people should not trust the news coming from CNN & MSNBC

I find this statement to be proof of the success of Trump’s attempts to smear the media . . .

1 Like

Additionally while O was president he whined frequently about Fox News getting in the way of his policies etc with their biases’ against him.We who were Fox News viewers were being led down the wrong path.
Yet for decades the on.y news source views’ has was the biased liberal/ left outlets.
Thank goodness we now have counter news sources to expose their biased agenda.

1 Like

So, you are taking a statement said to someone else, performing out of context editing, and then applying it to yourself? Then, you insinuate that I am lying?

I really don’t know how to respond charitibly to that.

0 Likes

this is not proof of anything. I stopped trusting CNN and MSNBC going back 15-20 years. they have just gotten worse.
long before Donald Trump became president I knew they were extremely biased.

0 Likes

I don’t think you are lying or naive.

I think you have been taken-in by the media to some extent though.

Don’t worry Paul. It’s not on you personally.

I think it has happened to all of us to a certain extent.

I just think people who think CNN (and other media outlets) is all it pretends to be (either by word or by their actions) are MORE taken in.

You said . . .

I really don’t know how to respond charitibly to that.

That’s OK Paul.

I am fine with no response.

If you want to really know what this division in our country is over . . .

. . . . look at Senator Schumer’s initial public response to finding out President Trump is going to have the opportunity to name the successor to Justice Kennedy.

(Hint: It concerns perhaps the biggest lie of them all in our society.)

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

From the Capital Gazette:

Thank you for the outpouring of sympathy for the terrible tragedy that took place Thursday in our Annapolis office.

We will never forget Rob Hiaasen, Gerald Fischman, Wendi Winters, John McNamara or Rebecca Smith, our five co-workers who were gunned down in a senseless attack.

Here’s what else we won’t forget: Death threats and emails from people we don’t know celebrating our loss, or the people who called for one of our reporters to get fired because she got angry and cursed on national television after witnessing her friends getting shot.

We won’t forget being called an enemy of the people.

No, we won’t forget that. Because exposing evil, shining light on wrongs and fighting injustice is what we do.

2 Likes

and they wonder why they are so disliked.

0 Likes

Tell me why, did his news papers, in the aftermath of this shooting that had, s peope say, nothing to do ith Trump, why did they receive death threats? Why emails from people celebrating the loss of life? And what makes it OK to talk of the press as the enemy of the American people?

2 Likes

one sentence to say thank you.
one sentence to remember the coworkers.

and the rest is the newspaper as the victim and what a great job they do.

1 Like

Thanks for making my point dvdjs.

They are exploiting these tragic deaths of their own co-workers.

They are USING these deaths to morph an implicit emotionally-charged attack on President Trump (“We won’t forget being called an enemy of the people”) while the bodies are still proverbially warm.

If it was “Hannity” in an analogous situation and he echoed the words of Maxine Waters in such a manner you would (rightly be) condemning such an action.

Coopting dead bodies for a political agenda.

Absolutely disgraceful.

They drag President Trump into it.

And they DON’T EVEN drag the actual REAL KILLER and his contention with their paper staff!

The Annapolis paper chose instead . . . to put part of the focus on their dislike of “Trump”.

They dragged “Trump” into it when there was no reason to (this dynamic between the perp. and the paper was going on long before Trump’s political career even began and everybody knows it).

They dragged Trump into this falsely. Which is EXACTLY what Jim Accosta did.

Very inappropriate.

(Edited for spelling, syntax, and additional content)

2 Likes

They get death threats following a mass shooting and THEY are somehow to blame?

I don’t get this. Why should they conceal this information?

1 Like

Well, that’s a relief! /sarcasm Although you did, in your post, say i was one or the other.

Nope, not true. I consume media from many viewpoints.

You totally missed that you interjected yourself into a conversation I was having with someone else, applied what I said to them to you, and then as much as called me a liar. THAT’S why I found it hard to respond charitibly to you.

0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.