Ex-College Basketball Player Claims She Lost Scholarship Because of Heterosexuality

MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. — Central Michigan and its women’s basketball coach are being sued by a former player, who claims her heterosexuality was a factor in losing a scholarship after two seasons.

Brooke Heike said she fell out of favor with Sue Guevara immediately after the coach was hired in 2007.
  		     			    Heike said Guevara told her she wore too much makeup and was not the coach's "type." That meant she wasn't a lesbian, according to a lawsuit filed last week in federal court in Bay City.

Full story here.

I predict she will loose in court. Why? Because, like blacks and Jew, according to the lefties it is impossible for homosexuals to discriminate.

Right!:rolleyes: Now we’re looking only for homosexuals to give scholarships to.

Allegations are easy and, in legal pleadings, are without consequences. I know nothing about the facts of the young lady’s situation except that they have yet to be proven in court.

Parenthetically, I would point out the raft of cases finding black people guilty of discrimination, in fact, in some cases discrimination against black people by other black folks.

Or perhaps, if she loses, it will because she doesn’t have a case. Without any corroborating evidence, I’m suspicious. I’ve seen enough people make accusations against coaches out of revenge. My own football coach had charges of embezzlement filed against him because he didn’t start the accuser’s son at wingback. They were spurious charges on all counts.

Why are you assuming that her charges are true? What if she just wasn’t up to snuff and got cut?

It seems the rug wasn’t pulled out from under the student. She was urged to transfer in April 2007, but her scholarship wasn’t canceled until March 2008.

Heike also alleges that Guevara told her she was not her “type” of player and that CMU assistant coach Bill Ferrara told her she should transfer to Saginaw Valley State University in April of 2007.

However Guevara did renew Heike’s scholarship, which are awarded on a year-to-year basis, in 2007 before pulling it in 2008.

themorningsun.com/articles/2009/02/11/news/doc4991fdb2e5e63836341556.txt

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.