Ex-Lesbian Janet Boynes Tells Moving Story of Conversion

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2010/jul/10071608.html

Jannet was not, is not, and never will be a homosexual. she only thought she was for a short period of time. Homosexuals do not borne fatal and Uncureable illness. Homosexuals who are uneducated in their sexuality and take the wrong path (as many heterosexuals do) can borne fatal illnesses such as alcoholism, aids, or Bulimia. and (as i hope you may agree) who would walk into a a room (which she has no idea what it is about) say "hello, my name is janet. I am living the homosexual lifestyle, but if you help me, I will live my life for the lord" that just doesent happen. And I am living the homosexual lifestyle and I live my life for the lord. I have faltered in the past, and I may not be the prefect christian (after all, who is but The Mother Mary and her son Jesus Chist) but i am entitled to God. I am a Gay Male as far as I know, and I am positive God loves me and is Proud of who I am.

[quote="Shinpin, post:2, topic:205653"]
Jannet was not, is not, and never will be a homosexual. she only thought she was for a short period of time. Homosexuals do not borne fatal and Uncureable illness. Homosexuals who are uneducated in their sexuality and take the wrong path (as many heterosexuals do) can borne fatal illnesses such as alcoholism, aids, or Bulimia. and (as i hope you may agree) who would walk into a a room (which she has no idea what it is about) say "hello, my name is janet. I am living the homosexual lifestyle, but if you help me, I will live my life for the lord" that just doesent happen. And I am living the homosexual lifestyle and I live my life for the lord. I have faltered in the past, and I may not be the prefect christian (after all, who is but The Mother Mary and her son Jesus Chist) but i am entitled to God. I am a Gay Male as far as I know, and I am positive God loves me and is Proud of who I am.

[/quote]

Amen too that! There's that good old saying "Bi now, gay later", and I've lost count of how many "lesbians" I know who turned straight. In truth, they were girls who wanted to rebel, didn't want a proepr relationship and tried being with women for awhile, which worked because women are more adaptable than men, but then realised it wasn't for them. Of course, none of the girls I know ever claimed to have been "cured" by anyone or anything...they just end up saying that they fell for a man in the end.

On the other hand, being a gay man, I know who I am and I am not ashamed of it.

I don’t think it’s your place to KNOW whether she was or was not a lesbian. You claim to love God, but maybe you only trust His grace to a certain point - loving and accepting you as you are - rather than trusting He can make a miracle and fully change your life, if you surrender your WHOLE life to His will.

I have experienced a miracle of this magnitude - I would never have believed my circumstance could change so thoroughly, but through the intercession of the Blessed Mother, it did.

One segment of the article that struck home for me:

Noting that she and one of her lesbian partners wanted to “marry” and adopt children, she told the committee: “I’m so thankful that we did not go through with the plan and perpetuate another dysfunctional family. Children need one mother, and one father.”

[/quote]

That is a contradiction, you can not live in sin and live your life for the Lord.

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other." - Matthew 6:24

I will offer you scripture verses as to why indulging in homosexual acts (as opposed to struggling with SSA which is a different story) is morally wrong and will lead you further away from the Lord.

Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination

Romans 1:18-27The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen. 26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 :

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

So you are right... God does love you... in fact He loves you SO MUCH that He gave Himself for you on the Cross that you may be washed in...*** the blood of His cross*** - Col 1:20 and hence crucify the flesh with all its passions and desires - Gal 5:24 so that you*** too might walk in newness of life - **Rom:6:4.... Christ came that you *may have LIFE and have it to the full- John 10:10. Sexual Immorality has an negative effect on you (whether it be indulging in unnatural acts or in adultery etc) so I implore you ,dear brother in Christ, to abandon your homosexual lifestyle and ***take up your cross* and follow the Lord - Luke 9:23. God did not create you for sin, but that you might glorify God in all that you do.

I also recommend reading the late Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body... it is an excellent book about the meaning of human sexuality & God's plan for sex, marriage & family (as well as celibacy/virginity which are connected to sexuality & marriage).

Your brother in Christ,
Zachary

Jannet was not, is not, and never will be a homosexual. she only thought she was for a short period of time.

[/quote]

I believe most psychologists believe that sexuality is a fluid continuum, therefore just because she ended up straight doesn't mean that she wasn't truly a lesbian for a period of time.

The misguided gender notions of the people she grew up with may have a lot to do with why she ever considered having sex with another woman. Just because a girl is considered "masculine" or a boy is deemed "feminine" doesn't mean they are gay. It means that they don't conform to gender stereotypes, nothing more. But if adults and friends are constantly suggesting that she (or he) is gay simply because of gender non-comformity, it will make that individual question whether they are. If the people in a child's life are constantly praising him (or her) for being creative or good with science, the child will develop a self-image along those lines (whether such talent exists, or not.) I think this type of social conditioning may have been at work in getting her to consider having a sexual relationship with another woman.

Sexual orientation and gender expression are not tied to one another. Granted, sometimes there is overlap. However, I wonder if the (all too common) ignorance about gender expression by people influential during her childhood and adolescence may have been the reason she ever considered herself to be lesbian

[quote="Dale_M, post:7, topic:205653"]
I think this type of social conditioning may have been at work in getting her to consider having a sexual relationship with another woman.

[/quote]

This could, however, be considered an environmental influence, and a lot of the causes same-sex attraction are environmental. I just don't see why everyone wants to jump on her and say she wasn't really a lesbian. If she considered herself to be one, that's good enough for me.

[quote="verdantmemories, post:8, topic:205653"]
This could, however, be considered an environmental influence, and a lot of the causes same-sex attraction are environmental. I just don't see why everyone wants to jump on her and say she wasn't really a lesbian. If she considered herself to be one, that's good enough for me.

[/quote]

I can't comment on this individual of course, because I don't know her. However, I do have to say I have gotten bored with the amount of girls I have known who suddenly decide they're 'bisexual' or 'bicurious' and it is so patently obviously it's just to seem more interesting, or try and get men interested in them, or because they want to be 'different', or because it's fashionable. And I know this is the case with my friends, because they've admitted it afterwards, so I'm not even judging. Like I said though, don't know this woman, so don't know whether that was the case or not.

Ergh. These whole arguments only start because of the labels we've only created for each other and sexuality in relatively modern years.

Agreed…

I suppose it is a very teeny/tweeny thing to do, in these days. Be more exciting, be a bit more different. At least your friends admitted it in the end, mine just conveniently forgot about it after awhile!

[/quote]

[quote="HauntedJame, post:3, topic:205653"]
Amen too that! There's that good old saying "Bi now, gay later", and I've lost count of how many "lesbians" I know who turned straight. In truth, they were girls who wanted to rebel, didn't want a proepr relationship and tried being with women for awhile, which worked because women are more adaptable than men, but then realised it wasn't for them. Of course, none of the girls I know ever claimed to have been "cured" by anyone or anything...they just end up saying that they fell for a man in the end.

On the other hand, being a gay man, I know who I am and I am not ashamed of it.

[/quote]

So because it appears as if the cause of your homosexuality is not changeable and since it seems to be rooted in nature, then you can say that homosexuality which is rooted in nuture or is theoretically changeable is not "real" homosexuality? If someone could change your sexual orientation, would that mean that you aren't "really" gays, either? I'm thinking you wouldn't go for that theory!

It just could be that "in truth" you don't know the inner workings of other people you've never met any more than they know you. There are more than two (or a few) kinds of people in the world; people don't fit in little pre-conceived boxes. Since you are both reporting that you feel very secure in yourselves, I am surprised you aren't more comfortable with that possibility than you seem to be.

Am I missing something, here, or are you guys sitting in judgment of somebody because their sexual history doesn't fit your stereotype of what is "proper"? Do you see any irony in that at all? :confused:

[quote="EasterJoy, post:11, topic:205653"]
So because it appears as if the cause of your homosexuality is not changeable and since it seems to be rooted in nature, then you can say that homosexuality which is rooted in nuture or is theoretically changeable is not "real" homosexuality? If someone could change your sexual orientation, would that mean that you aren't "really" gays, either? I'm thinking you wouldn't go for that theory!

It just could be that "in truth" you don't know the inner workings of other people you've never met any more than they know you. There are more than two (or a few) kinds of people in the world; people don't fit in little pre-conceived boxes. Since you are both reporting that you feel very secure in yourselves, I am surprised you aren't more comfortable with that possibility than you seem to be.

Am I missing something, here, or are you guys sitting in judgment of somebody because their sexual history doesn't fit your stereotype of what is "proper"? Do you see any irony in that at all? :confused:

[/quote]

I see the irony. And I don't mean it like that. It's not a judgement and it's true, I don't know this person. However, in my experience, people who suddenly change their sexuality either a) were only curious about that sexuality, not actually gay/lesbian or b) are suppressing their sexuality in order to conform with a certain lifestyle/moral/religion or c) are bisexual and decides in the end they are more comfortable being with another sex than they primarily chose to be with.

I might have come on a bit strong and I do apologise for it. It's just that I believe that you can't change your sexuality and that if you do, either you weren't a part of it to start with, or you are doing something unnatural to stop yourself from being with those you love and desire of your own sex. There's a certain worry about being "forced straight", but I put that theory both ways. A straight man can get through a homosexual encounter, just as a homosexual can in theory get through a heterosexual encounter: however, both of these would be damaging for the person who must force themselves to having sex with someone that they are not aroused by.

Do you see where I am going? I am not very good at explaining myself...:takethat: I blame the keyboard.

It's really quite simple. Either you're gay or you're not gay. There's no such thing as "ex-lesbian." I'm not sitting in judgment of her, nor do I see any irony when I assert there's no such thing as ex-gay. Either she's in denial about who she is, or she's choosing to live a lie about who she is. I will pray for her. :gopray:

[quote="havana1, post:13, topic:205653"]
It's really quite simple. Either you're gay or you're not gay.

[/quote]

Um...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale

[quote="havana1, post:13, topic:205653"]
It's really quite simple. Either you're gay or you're not gay. There's no such thing as "ex-lesbian." I'm not sitting in judgment of her, nor do I see any irony when I assert there's no such thing as ex-gay. Either she's in denial about who she is, or she's choosing to live a lie about who she is. I will pray for her. :gopray:

[/quote]

Well, no, it's not that simple. Some people are not "gay" or "not gay", but rather not too particular as to the gender that attracts them. I mean that there are people that attract them, and people that don't, but gender isn't necessarily a big issue in that. Some people are not too particularly attracted to anyone at all. Sex doesn't interest them. (Yes, it does happen.) Some people are attracted to one gender by default, because the other repels them, while others are positively attracted to one and, no offense, the other gender just doesn't interest them.

It is a very big range, and the psychologists say that how changeable it is can be varies widely, as well. They know a few more gays than we do.

I find the irony in the use of a phrase like "doesn't want a proper relationship". I'm pretty certain that this is a term that gets your hackles up a bit, when it is aimed in your direction.

Judging her choices--that is, saying point blank that she must be either lying to herself or lying to us!--is rash judgement. What has she chosen to do that you would say is objectively wrong? Unless you are suggesting that there are taboos about who can and can't decide that they are attracted to the people of the same gender, it is not your business. Stop that, please. There is no Gay Board of Inquistion for the Determination of REAL Homosexuality, or at least there shouldn't be. If you want compassion for being someone that other people don't quite understand, then please at least give what you hope to receive.

[quote="verdantmemories, post:14, topic:205653"]
Um...

[/quote]

This is better yet. It isn't even a bi-modal distribution! (Who knew? Not me.)
Thank you! :thumbsup:

I just know too many people who were insistent that “I am not getting married, I have no interest in a relationship, I have no interest in having a family” and then blink! they meet someone who attracts them in a way they never thought possible, and all of a sudden it all changes overnight.

We have wonderful brains, and they do very unexpected things with surprisingly little prompting. You just never know.

IMHO, consensual sex between people who don’t find each other all that arousing is not necessarily damaging. It depends on the nature and reasons for the consent. If the consent were based on self-deceit or if there really were hidden coersion, or if the lack of attraction crossed over into repulsion, I could see you would have a point. If the consent were based on the will to love someone (verb) that you are not “in love” with (emotional state), I don’t think that is necessarily harmful.

[quote="verdantmemories, post:14, topic:205653"]
Um...

[/quote]

Um...is right... the "Kinsey scale" is pretty well discredited:
See (for example): ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TS/Bailey/Bisexuality/Bisexuality-NYT%207-05-05.html#NYT

You're either gay or not gay. There's no "in-between." If the "ex-lesbian" is now straight, then logic would dictate that she was never gay to begin with. Imagine that.

[quote="havana1, post:18, topic:205653"]
Um...is right... the "Kinsey scale" is pretty well discredited:
See (for example): ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/TS/Bailey/Bisexuality/Bisexuality-NYT%207-05-05.html#NYT

You're either gay or not gay. There's no "in-between." If the "ex-lesbian" is now straight, then logic would dictate that she was never gay to begin with. Imagine that.

[/quote]

You can say the Kinsey scale has been discredited, but I still don't know where bi-sexuals fit in your black-and-white "gay or not gay" world. Besides, whether or not someone is gay, by your reckoning, is entirely judged in retrospect. Well, thank you, that helps a lot!

What, if some young person tells you he or she is gay, what do you say? "Well, maybe. We'll see about that." or "Did you have bad experiences with men in your past? Because if you did, you know, that doesn't really count. You're probably not a *real *lesbian. Real lesbians don't have that kind of stuff going on, where they hate men. Women like that can get religion, forgive the men, and then decide they're not gay after all." Yeah, sure you would.

Although I find it rather amusing to think that you might accuse a person living a homosexual lifestyle as putting on a front of "false gaiety", I kind of doubt that you would.

If you're saying that there are some causes of homosexuality which are rooted in causes that simply cannot be changed, fine. That one homosexual did change does not make the state of homosexuality changeable for everyone. That is a common error in logic, and I can see where it could drive a person nuts.

I just don't buy the idea that homosexuality rooted in a cause that are theoretically subject to change, particularly when that can't really be judged expect in retrospect, is not "real" homosexuality. That is kind of a cruel standard to put on people whose sexual make-up happens to be different than yours.

[quote="EasterJoy, post:19, topic:205653"]
You can say the Kinsey scale has been discredited, but I still don't know where bi-sexuals fit in your black-and-white "gay or not gay" world. Besides, whether or not someone is gay, by your reckoning, is entirely judged in retrospect. Well, thank you, that helps a lot!

What, if some young person tells you he or she is gay, what do you say? "Well, maybe. We'll see about that." or "Did you have bad experiences with men in your past? Because if you did, you know, that doesn't really count. You're probably not a *real *lesbian. Real lesbians don't have that kind of stuff going on, where they hate men. Women like that can get religion, forgive the men, and then decide they're not gay after all." Yeah, sure you would.

Although I find it rather amusing to think that you might accuse a person living a homosexual lifestyle as putting on a front of "false gaiety", I kind of doubt that you would.

If you're saying that there are some causes of homosexuality which are rooted in causes that simply cannot be changed, fine. That one homosexual did change does not make the state of homosexuality changeable for everyone. That is a common error in logic, and I can see where it could drive a person nuts.

I just don't buy the idea that homosexuality rooted in a cause that are theoretically subject to change, particularly when that can't really be judged expect in retrospect, is not "real" homosexuality. That is kind of a cruel standard to put on people whose sexual make-up happens to be different than yours.

[/quote]

It's not a cruel standard. It's called life. Gay people are born that way. Straight people are born that way. I didn't choose to like girls, nor did gays choose to like same gender. Yes, I am saying there are some causes of homosexuality that can't be changed, and furthermore, that the actual orientation (gay or straight) can't be changed. The behaviors can obviously be changed, but not the underlying orientation. There's a reason why the APA has nixed the idea of "ex-gay therapy" - there's no proof it works. Accordingly, I would believe in unicorns before I ever believed in the notion of "ex-gay."

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.