Ex-Penn State coach Sandusky's son accused of child abuse

The adopted son of Jerry Sandusky, the US college football coach convicted of child abuse, has been accused of sexually abusing two teenage sisters.

Jeffrey Sandusky, 41, allegedly sent explicit text messages to children, asking for nude photographs.

The arrest comes nearly five years after his father, who worked for Pennsylvania State University, was found guilty on similar charges.

The elder Sandusky is serving a lengthy prison sentence for molesting 10 boys.

The son - who attended many of his father’s court proceedings - faces 14 counts, including statutory sexual assault, unlawful contact with a minor, sexual abuse of a minor and photographing or depicting sexual acts.

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38959793
That story in 2011 was very disturbing. The crimes were disturbing enough. Compounding that was the response by the sport-worshipping hooligans putting kicking a ball and running around a field above the victims. Shouldn’t be too surprising since Hollywood supported a convicted rapist because he made ‘great films’ for years prior to the rioting.

As word of the firings spread, thousands of students flocked to the administration building, shouting, “We want Joe back!” and “One more game!” They then headed downtown to Beaver Avenue, where about 100 police wearing helmets and carrying pepper spray were on standby. Witnesses said some rocks and bottles were thrown, a lamppost was toppled and a news van was knocked over, its windows kicked out.

news.nationalpost.com/sports/penn-state-students-riot-after-joe-paterno-fired

so sad. :frowning:
I remember when the story broke.
Sadly, this is not a rare thing where sometimes the children of the abusers (who are often themselves abused), become abusers themselves.
I hope the cycle in this family is broken.

Very sad indeed. Praying for all involved.

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

As the pope pointed out last week in an interview, those who sexually abuse children–for example, the priests in the church–were often abused themselves as kids.
The cycle often continues unless the victim gets professional, therapeutic help.

Hollywood?
What’s Hollywood gotta do with it?

I was just saying it shouldn’t shock people when some place justice second. It’s happened before. Polanski did a horrible thing and look how Hollywood reacted. No consideration for the victim.

It’s horrible to imagine (and speculative), but I really wonder if this was a factor in the younger Sandusky’s case. His father certainly has a history.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.