Ex-Protestants

Were any of you taught that Apparitions of the Virgin Mary were really the Devil? This one will stay with me until I die. I will ALWAYS remember this.

And, there’s no way that Rev 12 could be Mary? Because it refers to a dragon & we know there’s no such thing as dragons?

Evolution is DEFINITELY NOT a possibitlity…at all?

What I’m asking, overall, is, were you taught (I went to a dispensationalist school for two years) anything so SUBTLELY anti-Catholic that you still have issues today about it? (That a miracle can be attributed to the devil…even though I know a house divided cannot stand…is a big one for me.)

Other things I have heard from other Protestants…

The deuterocananocal books were left out of the Protestant Bibles because they were written too late to be valid (though, lots of Protestants like the history of Maccabees).

The Papacy isn’t REAL because successors can only come through bloodlines.

Purgatory & Limbo are on the same level.

“Brother” HAS to be literal because, even IF there was no word for “Cousin”, they would still say, “My father’s brother’s son’s” if it wasn’t true…

…these are what I can remember right now. Please all, contribute because it never ceases to amaze me the new things I hear and the ignorance I have heard… I especially want to know that whole Mary’s aparitions are the devil thing…how much THIS has been propegated…

I know my husband told me that one (apparitions are of the devil) when we first got married. He also thought (may still think) that Mary wasn’t all that special, if she had said no to God He wouldn’t just moved on to someone else…
Pray for him as he’s starting to feel the call I think to come home!! :smiley:

[quote=Jennifer123]I know my husband told me that one (apparitions are of the devil) when we first got married. He also thought (may still think) that Mary wasn’t all that special, if she had said no to God He wouldn’t just moved on to someone else…
Pray for him as he’s starting to feel the call I think to come home!! :smiley:
[/quote]

YES!!! I forgot that one!!! I was taught that there was nothing special about her, she was just at the right place at the right time!!

I WILL pray for him!!!:thumbsup: ABSOLUTELY!!

I guess if I had been taught all these things, I might be more likely to become Catholic. I would probably think, “If this is the silliness protestants must resort to in order to avoid Catholicism, then maybe there’s something to Catholicism after all.” But I was never taught any of these things.

Well, I guess there’s one exception. I have been taught that miracles can be done by devils. Or at least the illusion of miracles can be influenced by devils. You know, the whole counterfeit signs and wonders mentioned in the Bible. But I’ve never heard that used to explain away Catholic miracles like apparitions of Mary or anything.

[quote=adstrinity]Were any of you taught that Apparitions of the Virgin Mary were really the Devil? This one will stay with me until I die. I will ALWAYS remember this.

dear friends:
if the virgin Mary is the devil then answer this…

How come that in those apparitions the virgin mary asks to the people to PRAY TO GOD, NOT TO SIN ANYMORE, TO DO FASTING, AND TO LOVE GOD AND JESUS.

please if you donk know the subject DO A LITTLE RESEARCH, i almost went to a sect that told us the world was gona be submerged in 3 years of darkness and sorrow, then 3 days of real darkness and then…the end of the world, and the only ones who will be savedwere the onesto go to live in some sort of comunal ranch. (that was in 1999)
[/quote]

Please Tell Me How To Quote Pleeasssssseeee

Hmmm. The Bible talks about all sorts of apparitions–angels, Moses, and Elijah come to mind. Yet when Mary, the mother of Jesus appears and tells us to turn to her Son, it’s demonic. Right.:whacky:

Hello Miguel

Please Tell Me How To Quote Pleeasssssseeee

Miguel, the key is to use the little Icon on the far right of “tools” bar, when you are in the “Reply to Thread” mode.

If you’ll put your mouse right under the far right icon, it will say "Wrap quote tags around selected text.

What I do, is copy the text I wan’t qo quote, then I activate the "Reply to Thread. Then I paste in the text. Then I select the text. Then I click on the Icon.

And there you have a quote.

Calvin

[quote=miguel delgado]Please Tell Me How To Quote Pleeasssssseeee
[/quote]

You have to have QUOTE ] at the start of the sentence, and this /QUOTE ] at the end.

Obviously I couldn’t put or ] close to the example, otherwise I’d be quoting :confused:
Just hold the pointer over

And wrap the quotes, if your still confused, oh well I’m sorry :banghead:

Sorry Chipper, seems like you got there before me.

[quote=miguel delgado]Please Tell Me How To Quote Pleeasssssseeee
[/quote]

Hi miguel, :slight_smile:
Once you open up a reply thread, you have two rows of options; on the bottom row, at the very end of the right-hand side, you find a little captions bubble. When you want to quote, you click on that, then once you have copied the quote you wish to make, you click between the ‘QUOTE’ s and paste.
I hope I have made this clear enough.

Peace to you all, and your loved ones. :slight_smile:

Stiofan,

Hey I am at work, and looks like you tried to “im” me or something.

My computer priviledges are blocked, and I can’t do that.

So if there is anything else you wanted to tell me let me know via this board. And maybe I’ll set up my email or something

Calvin

Oops…I had not 'refresh’ed my screen and did not realize others had posted. Ah well, between us all, miguel should have it figured out in no time. :smiley: :thumbsup:

Peace be with you all, and those whom you love. :slight_smile:

[quote=Chipper]Stiofan,

Hey I am at work, and looks like you tried to “im” me or something.

My computer priviledges are blocked, and I can’t do that.

So if there is anything else you wanted to tell me let me know via this board. And maybe I’ll set up my email or something

Calvin
[/quote]

Ok no problem, looks like your on a computer where only an adminstrator can make changes.
Anyway no problem, it’s not that important, maybe you’ll be able to pick up the message when you get home.:thumbsup:

So I guess the presidency isn’t real because its not by blood either:shrug:

Catholics worship Mary;
Catholics worship the Saints;
Catholics worship statues;
Catholics aren’t Christian;
Catholics are going to hell;
Catholics worship the Pope;
The Pope is the anti-Christ;
Catholics hate the Bible;
The Catholic Church hates the Bible
The Catholic Church is afraid of the Bible;
The Catholic Church tried to keep the Bible from teh people;
[Most] Catholic priests are child moleters;
Catholicism is paganism;
Catholics are pagans;

…I could actually go on…think i’ll save some for others to post. :wink:

miguel delgado;610093

adstrinity]Were any of you taught that Apparitions of the Virgin Mary were really the Devil? This one will stay with me until I die. I will ALWAYS remember this.

dear friends:
if the virgin Mary is the devil then answer this…

How come that in those apparitions the virgin mary asks to the people to PRAY TO GOD, NOT TO SIN ANYMORE, TO DO FASTING, AND TO LOVE GOD AND JESUS.

please if you donk know the subject DO A LITTLE RESEARCH, i almost went to a sect that told us the world was gona be submerged in 3 years of darkness and sorrow, then 3 days of real darkness and then…the end of the world, and the only ones who will be savedwere the onesto go to live in some sort of comunal ranch. (that was in 1999)

Miguel:

FYI: I noticed your sig–you might be interested in the thread linked below, which someone named ‘Carlos’, started a couple of days ago:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=766129

I think I was lucky. I never heard anything anti-Catholic at either of the Baptist churches we attended. At the Pentacostal church we attended during my teen years there was an occasional mention of being “saved out of the Catholic Church” but nothing more than that. I never even saw an anti-Catholic Chick tract until quite some years after becoming Catholic.

It usually doesn’t come from the pulpit–at least not overtly. I’ve heard veiled side-swipes from the pulpit, but not direct attacks.

Rather they flow freely in private circles, where they are anyware from tacilty tolerated, to actively encouraged. They generally prefer to level the ‘attacks’ in the absence of Catholics–because when they present them directly, they’d have to defend them.

And when they are presented directly to a Catholic–the ‘target’ has been duly vetted, determined to be weak, isolated, and usually substantially outnumbered. That’s how they get them to convert. Feel 'em out; sniff out the weakness; isolate…inundate with anti-Catholicism…apply subtle pressure…

Shazam! You have a brand new protestant! What’s more, they aren’t just new protestants–they are often left completely ashamed of what they once were, to the point of being almost disgusted with themselves.

Just as Christ intended for his message to be transmitted! :frowning:

I figured there’d be a lot more stories.

As I said, I could go on–there are some more:

The Catholic Church is a facade for paganism; they are actually sun worshippers; that’s why the Eucharistic wafer is shaped like the sun…

The Catholic Church champions celebacy, because they view molestation of children as a virtue–the ‘scandal’ just touched the surface…

The Jesuits are the secret service of ‘Rome’, and they control everything;

Catholics display crucifixes in their Churches, in order to perpetually hold Jesus in a state of public disgrace, and contempt…

Catholicism is witchery;
Catholics practice witchcraft;
Catholics believe in magic,
Catholicism is a cult;

I was never a protestant but I was on a protestant forums called christianchat and they did and still do bash Virgin Mary and call the apparitions demonic eventually I decided to stop logging in over there and found this wonderful site.

Its amazing to find like minded people with same beliefs :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.