Ex-Sesame Street Writer Says Bert and Ernie Are Gay as Show Insists They're Just 'Best Friends'

"I didn’t have any other way to contextualize them. "

O, good heavens! How about just good friends?

They’re puppets.
And the original Bert and Ernie, from “Its a Wonderful Life “ were not gay.

THEY ARE PUPPETS-----somebody needs to get a life. When a puppet becomes real then it can be anything it wants to be.

Correct. Bert can become Bernice, or Ernie can become Ernestine

With the power of your imagination they can be what ever you want them to be! They arn’t grounded in reality so there won’t be any verifiable challenges to what ever one’s imagination says.

They.
Are.
PUPPETS.

They don’t exist from the waist down…!

:roll_eyes:

Must everything in our society be sexualized, even children’s television shows?

To be honest Bert and Ernie have been fuel for jokes about homosexuality for a long time. Even when I was a kid we were taking the mickey out of them on that basis and always presumed they were gay. There’s a German comedy show that uses thinly veiled versions of the characters in a series of very, very obscene skits. It has them discussing doing drugs, sexual encounters etc.

Among older kids, sure. But when I first watched Sesame Street I wasn’t aware of such things.

Really I mean is NOTHING safe from this perversion. Our poor innocent children of today, their childhood’s are made very short because of all of this sickness.

Well that is the homosexual agenda. It is to sexualize everything, even kids shows. I don’t see how people can’t see that when you have all the evidence you need right here.

There are already kids shows with gay characters that are “out of the closet.” I don’t think there is much need to be subtle any more.

That’s why it’s important for parents to monitor what their children watch.
Vigilance

A better rule is to just disconnect from popular media. It is almost impossible to keep up with it and you can’t really rely on other people’s judgment (friends and family) because society is so degraded. The makers of these programs are often looking for subtle ways to slip in their degeneracy. Children pick up on far more than we often realize.

Well, they were the worst gay couple ever, because there was never a hint of romance between them.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

When very little no, but from age 10 or more we definitely were. I suppose given Sesame St. arrived on telly here somewhat later than it did in the states some of us were watching it with a rather knowing eye. He-Man was another target of jokes, Puff-Man and such like were used regularly or he was called a ponce, Skeletor, well you don’t know where to start with him anyway. There’s an ad campaign in the UK at the minute which riffs on this and has an obviously gay Skeletor and He-Man dancing in a pub to the applause of the locals.

And I have no problem with gay characters in fiction, I do have a problem when they are used as tokens or it’s chucked onto pre-existing characters to make them ‘relevant’. I can think of several gay characters in fiction I’m fond of. Bert and Ernie are though the wrong type of stuff to get too worked up about, the kids watching them are generally party small and they just see two blokes with differing personalities and possibly and hopefully take away the lesson that although they differ in personality and interest they are good friends.

They are MUPPETS not puppets. And society seems to want to take away childhood innocence by making the wholesome not wholesome.

Bert and Ernie are not gay, never were gay and will never be gay.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.