Example of fatal mistakes that still affects our daily lives

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’'
In 1951, a pro-democratic nationalist, Dr. Mohammed Mossadegh rose to prominence in Iran and was elected Prime Minister. As Prime Minister, Mossadegh alarmed the West by his nationalization of Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (later British Petroleum, BP) that had controlled the country’s oil reserves. In response, Britain immediately embargoed Iran. Soon after, members of the British Intelligence Service invited the United States to join them in covertly overthrowing the democratically-elected Mossadegh. Initially, United States President Harry S. Truman refused, but after Dwight D. Eisenhower was elected the British proposed the plan again. After convincing Eisenhower that Mossadegh was sympathetic to communism (even though he was an avowed anti-communist), the United States agreed to assist Britain in Operation Ajax. President Eisenhower authorized the CIA to take the lead in the operation of overthrowing Mossadegh and supporting a US-friendly monarch.

Farah Pahlavi former Empress of IranThe CIA faced many setbacks, but the covert operation soon went into full swing, conducted from the US Embassy in Tehran under the leadership of Kermit Roosevelt, Jr. Agents were hired to facilitate violence; and, as a result, protests broke out across the nation. Anti- and pro-monarchy protestors violently clashed in the streets, leaving almost three hundred dead. The operation was successful in triggering a coup, and within days, pro-Shah tanks stormed the capital and bombarded the Prime Minister’s residence. Mossadegh surrendered, and was arrested on 19 August 1953. He was tried for treason, and sentenced to three years in prison.

Mohammad Reza Pahlavi’s rule became increasingly **autocratic **in the following years. With strong support from the US and UK, the Shah further modernized Iranian industry, but simultaneously crushed all forms of political opposition with his intelligence agency, SAVAK. Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini became an active critic of the Shah’s White Revolution and publicly denounced the government. Khomeini, who was popular in religious circles, was arrested and imprisoned for 18 months. After his release in 1964, Khomeini publicly criticized the United States government. The Shah was persuaded to send him into exile by General Hassan Pakravan. Khomeini was sent first to Turkey and then to Iraq. While in exile, he continued to denounce the Shah.

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’'
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran

I just wanted to post this to show an example of why the US is looked upon with suspision and mistrust in the middle east.And why people dont believe the US is sincere about democracy or freedom of nations.

Any comments ?

wrong forum, if this is a news story post it there with a link, it this is a comment about some historical event, post it on the back fence, this forum is for discussing religion, and this story does not relate to a non-Catholic religion it relates to political history. and by the way, what is your point in your recent posts?

I do not intend to break forum rules. However i appeal to the Moderators that this thread is not moved.

First : The area of the world that my post refers to is predominantly Mulsim and thus is relevant to the discussion about the Non catholic faiths.

Second: The reason i post here is because i am a non Catholic Myself and thus i have developed aquaintances of people on this area more than others. I would like to know their opinion.

Third: Many posters in this area develop interest in knowing about non catholic faiths . That includes Islam . Thus it is important to highlight issues that have affected the Muslim world to the people interested in knowing them .

thanks

Meedo

meedo…

Your post may be in the wrong place but that does not diminish the truth found in it. What you
bring to mind is the biblical truth… “What a man
sows, so shall he reap.”

We are seeing, in our day, the consequences
of policies and tactics used by our gov’t to
secure reliable oil resources to maintain our
lifestyle. This has led to some very
unfortuate conflicts in the middle east and
elsewhere.

This reminds me of the words of St. James, in
chapter 4 of his short, yet powerful epistle:

“4:1 Where do the conflicts and where do the quarrels among you come from? Is it not from this, from your passions that battle inside you? 4:2 You desire and you do not have; you murder and envy and you cannot obtain; you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask; 4:3 you ask and do not receive because you ask wrongly, so you can spend it on your passions.”

Here. James pretty much defines the source of
all conflicts, insurrections, wars, etc. They can
be found in families, towns, cities , countries,
regions and international relations. All conflicts
stem from a situation where some person or
gourp of persons feel they are not getting what
they think they rightfully deserve. If we simply
asked God to meet our needs this would not be
a problem. God’s response to us may be to
meet our perceived need or show us that we
will not receive our request because we ask
for something with the wrong motive.

For those who do not live in God’s kingdom,
living by the Spirit, all bets are off. We see
the results of living in darkness all around us…
Wars, disease, death, destruction, greed,
corruption, etc.

I’m not sure how much longer the Lord can
restrain Himself from judging this corrupt and
sinful world. I know that His overall desire is to
save all men, but some people just don’t want to
be saved. They love this world too much and all
that it has to offer - pleasure, power, influence,
riches, etc.

Now that I have replied to your post and checked
it for errors I see that it has everything to do with
religion. There is much to be learned from our
past history and many chose to ignore those
lessons!

Gotta run…

Thanks for tweaking my brain this morning…

Cactus Jack :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.