Example of someone losing there salvation from scripture

I know of the prodical son but is there anymore?

also my Dad said children are not saved but when they die will go to heaven. but he eqaites him being saved with if he dies he will go to heaven. does this make sence is there another way to go about this to show we can lose our salvation just by kids being saved as babys then losing as adults?

I am not sure I totally understand the question but I think this has to do with the use of our free wills. Babies are not old enough to chose things on their own - this is what we call the babies time before the age of reason. Around the seventh year of the child’s life we know that they have full use of their intellect and will and can make choices on thier own (i.e. they can sin). As far as adults being saved - well - it depends on what you mean by saved. I will say that for Catholics this means living out their baptismal promises - and living in the life of grace that we have received through this sacrament. We know that if we do not live in this grace and lead a life of sin and never repent of it then we too run the risk of not being saved.

Hope some of that helps.

Anyone who has Original Sin on their soul requires a savior. That includes children.

St Paul talks about being disqualified at the end of the race in 1 Corinithians 9:24-27.

It is clear that if even HE, who is a believe if anyone is, can be disqualified, then any one of us can also. And it establishes the principle.

John 16:1 I have said all this to you to keep you from falling away.

Matthew 13:21 …yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the Word, immediately he falls away.

Acts 8:13, 18-24 Even Simon himself believed, and after being baptized he continued with Philip. And seeing signs and great miracles performed, he was amazed…Now when Simon saw that the Spirit was given through the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money, saying, “Give me also this power, that any one on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.” But Peter said to him, “Your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money! You have neither part nor lot in this matter, for your heart is not right Before God. Repent therefore of this wickedness of yours, and pray to the Lord that, if possible, the intent of your heart may be forgiven you. For I see that you are in the gall of bitterness and in the bond of iniquity.” And Simon answered, “Pray for me to the Lord, that nothing of what you have said may come upon me.”

Acts 11:23 and he exhorted them all to remain faithful to the Lord with steadfast purpose.

Colossians 1:23 …provided you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the Gospel which you heard…

Ezekiel 18:24 But if the** just man turn himself away** from his justice, and do iniquity according to all the abominations which the wicked man useth to work, shall he live? all his justices which he hath done, shall not be remembered

And don’t forget being “cut off” from the tree (Rm 11:13-22, and somewhere in the Gospel this analogy is also made.)

I could post so much more :smiley: …PM me if you want me to email you a text file.

The parable of the wicked tenants, which presages Christ’s judgment of the Sanhedrin and the destruction of the Temple in 70 A.D. is a good example.

Also consider Judas.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.