Excellent Catholic Novel/Fatherless

I am almost done reading an excellent Catholic novel called, "Fatherless," by Brian Gail.

You could not find a better, fiction, or non-fiction for that matter, work dealing with the moral dilemmas of today and the difficulties the Church has had in recent years drawing a clear moral line in the sand with many progressives bowing to all that is politically correct.

The book although fiction, is well researched and gives some solid reasons behind the decline of confession, attendance, the high rate of divorce, the lack of formation, in both priests and lay people.

I am not a big novel reader but this is a thriller and a total page turner as it follows the lives of four families and their pursuit of the American dream, just to find out that it is an American nightmare. Enough said, you have to read this.

Terrific book.

**Thank You!

i will surely read it!

Listen to this from the author....

fatherlessbook.com/reviews/audio-brian-j-gails-lecture-at-the-archdiocese-of-denver.html

WOW!?!
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus

mark

**Please listen to this prophetic genius!
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

[quote="Mark77, post:2, topic:216546"]
**Thank You!

i will surely read it!

Listen to this from the author....

fatherlessbook.com/reviews/audio-brian-j-gails-lecture-at-the-archdiocese-of-denver.html**

WOW!?!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus

mark/QUOT
T
Thank you I will when I get home, sorry I don't have speakers at work :(

[/quote]

I just finished reading it this weekend and it was wonderful. I read the entire book in 3 days because it was so hard to put down.

[quote="Anne1964, post:5, topic:216546"]
I just finished reading it this weekend and it was wonderful. I read the entire book in 3 days because it was so hard to put down.

[/quote]

I started on Saturday and I guess I am a bit of a slow reader. But I am almost done and the story is really a page turner. But so much better then some of the junk that I have read recently.

One of the worst novels I have read is The Town, formerly called Prince of Thieives. Don't waste your time. It is now a movie with Ben Affleck.

I will recommend one other novel and it is called "Cryptonomicom," what a brilliant book. Not a Catholic novel but a philisophical and moral commentary for sure. The way it is written is very similar to Fatherless as it skip around to different people in different time periods. I would recommend it to anyone.

I am going to begin writing my own novel and it involves a definate Christian and moral message and social commentary, with some science fiction thrown in and World War II history.

Jack Walsh

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.